PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah v's Bengal

Unregistered
05-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I am thinking of getting a bow and was wondering what the difference between the cheetrah and Bengal was? Apart from the price i cannot see any different specifications.

hunter
05-09-2007, 05:51 AM
The Bangle has a longer ATA and weights just a hair more ...some like a shorter bow others like a little longer bow ..I think that is the only difference .. I have a cheetah and like it a lot ..

cdfirefighter1
05-09-2007, 08:30 AM
The Bangle has a longer ATA and weights just a hair more ...some like a shorter bow others like a little longer bow ..I think that is the only difference .. I have a cheetah and like it a lot ..

hunter is correct.. the only difference is the ata.. bengal is 2 inchs longer.. both nice bows that shoot extremely well and the draw cycle is as smooth as they come..

smarpo
05-10-2007, 09:33 PM
There is one difference not listed anywhere. If you want more speed you can get the bengal with nitrous cams through the custom shop but not the cheetah.

fossil77
08-20-2007, 09:30 AM
So besides the shorter length and lighter weight they are exactly the same bow?
Does the heavier weight of the Bengal help it feel more balanced, helping you place your shot better say in a hunt setting?

bfisher
08-20-2007, 12:15 PM
So besides the shorter length and lighter weight they are exactly the same bow?
Does the heavier weight of the Bengal help it feel more balanced, helping you place your shot better say in a hunt setting?

In a word? Probably, but theslightly longer A2A makes the bow a wee bit more manageable, especially with a longer draw length.

jak
08-22-2007, 08:06 AM
I bought the cheetah a few weeks ago and love it. Its small, light, ballanced, quiet and fast. At 30 yards it can put 12 arrows in a very tight group. It has alittle thump when fired that can probably be fixed with a dampner. The arrows only have a two inch fleching and I notice that they are getting warped due to the wisker rest that comes with the bow. You can pull this bow back and hold it for a very long time. Time to retire the 20 year cougar.

Deer_Predator
08-30-2007, 04:50 AM
I bought the cheetah a few weeks ago and love it. Its small, light, ballanced, quiet and fast. At 30 yards it can put 12 arrows in a very tight group. It has alittle thump when fired that can probably be fixed with a dampner. The arrows only have a two inch fleching and I notice that they are getting warped due to the wisker rest that comes with the bow. You can pull this bow back and hold it for a very long time. Time to retire the 20 year cougar.

You actually think the Cheetah is light? lol.....were you shooting a tank before? :D But hey, don't get me wrong.....I bought the '07 Cheetah about a month ago. I went from an '04 Phantom mag. I could not believe how much heavier the Cheetah was from the Phantom. Personally this does not affect me much; however, I would put the Cheetah up there with the heavyweights. As far as shooting it is the smoothest, quietest, most comfortable bow I have ever shot.

There are alot of folks out there talking about cam lean and such because of the short a2a. I just don't see it. I have a 29" draw and have shot this bow hundreds of times by now. I would say it is good to go and a great value for the dollar!