PDA

View Full Version : TRG for 06 Slayer?

bucknuts17
08-02-2011, 10:10 AM
i have an 06 slayer was wondering if the martin trg would fit that bow? or should i stay with cable guard? its not causing me any problems, my dad used to say if it works dont fix it. i can hear him now...

Ford
08-02-2011, 10:57 AM
save your time and money, forget the trg, I've had nothing but problems, and I switched to the cable slide a few weeks ago. The biggest complaint of the 2011 line up is the trg, many guys arent buying them until they switch back to the cable slide. just some friendly advice, I would stay away from it.

Sharxfan
08-02-2011, 11:40 AM
I think if you could try to get the CCS. I have the TRG and so far have seen little to no wear on it but I am messing with it to try and get the optimum slickness to it.

I also talked to Martin CS yesterday and they said that they are having manufacturing issues with the TRG and all current bows shipping out will have rod and slide for now.

bucknuts17
08-02-2011, 12:45 PM
thanks for the advise like i said it works fine the way it is

MLN1963
08-02-2011, 01:04 PM
I also talked to Martin CS yesterday and they said that they are having manufacturing issues with the TRG and all current bows shipping out will have rod and slide for now.

This is interesting. They told me that the TRG was fine and the problem was they couldn't get the warranty they wanted from BCY on the trophy material and TRG so they are going back to the slide. There are never two stories that match.

Destroyer
08-02-2011, 03:03 PM
They told me that the TRG was fine and the problem was they couldn't get the warranty they wanted from BCY on the trophy material and TRG

So the string material isn't good enough? :confused: If there is one that will resist this sort of wear I'd like to know what it is, you would have thought they would do some testing before committing to trophy anyway. Sound like they are passing the buck.

:)

MLN1963
08-02-2011, 03:40 PM
I guess it was more along the lines of the TRG was wearing the string and BCY wouldn't warranty the strings. Call Joel if you want the full run down.

bfisher
08-02-2011, 03:59 PM
The string material is not the problem. Sonny Thomas had a post on here not so long ago stating that the cables were pulled to the side a lot. Just last weekebd I got a good up-close and personal look at an Onza with the TRG. In my opinion this things, although a good idea, is designed wrong. ue to the thickness of the TRG it pulls the cables way to far to the side. Although the cables slide in toward the string at full draw as they're supposed to they actually end up about the same distance to the side as with a regular slide. It needs to be redesigned so that the cables at rest are about as far out as with a slide and are nearly in line with the string at full draw. Until such a design change is made I'd stay with a regular rod/slide configuration.

Speedykills
08-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Ya like everybody else just stick with what you have.That bow looked pretty cool to,not bad for a freebee.................

Destroyer
08-02-2011, 10:37 PM
I guess it was more along the lines of the TRG was wearing the string and BCY wouldn't warranty the strings.

Understood. :)