PDA

View Full Version : bengal cam problem

cowboysfan
05-17-2007, 02:21 PM
i recently bought a martin bengal bow when i got it home i noticed the cam ang ecentric had very rough edges on them and the plus the limbs had lines where they were laminated i talked to the dealer i bought it from and he said that he couldnt do anything about it so i called martin and they said it happens some times is this the normal responce from them ive bought martin bow s in the past and they were all perfect their responce kind of bothered me i didnt exspect that kind of response from them and kind of put a damper on me spending my earned cash on another bow and my brother and friend who had planned on buying one from them to has anybody else ever had this problem before

cdfirefighter1
05-17-2007, 05:34 PM
I have always found martin customer service to be some ofthe best in the industry... I would call back and ask to speak with jake.. or joel.. they are the 2 people I have had to talk with at martin and they both have been top notch and very helpful. I would think they would steer you in the right direction...

Elk4me
05-17-2007, 09:47 PM
I have always found martin customer service to be some ofthe best in the industry... I would call back and ask to speak with jake.. or joel.. they are the 2 people I have had to talk with at martin and they both have been top notch and very helpful. I would think they would steer you in the right direction...

I agree call jake or Joel 1-800-541-8902 they will take care of you! This is the 1st time I have herd about burr's on a M-Pro cam. I have had my Pantera since December 06 and havent had a singile problem yet! Let us know how you fair after talking to Jake or Joel!:cool:

eelriver
05-18-2007, 07:47 AM
I've owned Martin bows since 97' and they have never failed to answer any question or resolve any problem I've ever had.;)

cowboysfan
05-18-2007, 10:39 AM
i have called and talked to martin and they said it happens sometime and to sand them down with sand paper:mad:

eelriver
05-18-2007, 01:55 PM
i have called and talked to martin and they said it happens sometime and to sand them down with sand paper:mad:

I have to agree with you.... kind of a cheesy answer. You pay good money for what you believe to be a quality product and they give you a real lame answer. I see why you are unhappy and if I had gotten that answer I would be equally disatisfied. :( Sorry you got the answer you did...like I said I've always been treated well in the past. Last January purchased a new Bengal and I'll tell you it has been a good experience.

cowboysfan
05-18-2007, 02:04 PM
i have also owned martin bows for along time but the response i got made me buy a mathews drenalin tro bad martin doesnt take care of their customers the way mathews does:(

smarpo
05-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Not trying to start anything, but with the experience I've had with Martin this sounds like someone trying to justify spending what they did for a Mathews. I have had bad experience with a dealer in the past but not Martin themselves.

cowboysfan
05-18-2007, 10:01 PM
im not trying to justify getting a mathews bow and my problem was the response from martin not the dealer im 44 years ol and have owned alot of new martin bows and this one and their response was not what i have come to espect from martin

smarpo
05-18-2007, 10:06 PM
I didn't mean to make it sound like an attack, I live less than 50 miles from the Martin factory and have better than exellent service from them. Again sorry if you took this personal, I was just voiceing an opinion, and My opinion seldom matters[I'm married]

cowboysfan
05-18-2007, 10:13 PM
no problem i didnt take it as an attack im married to i was just very disappointed with the quality and the response from martin it was not what ive come to espect from them

Myk
05-20-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm finding that hard to believe.
I've told people on Archery Talk to sand the cams with sharp edges (because it's a lot faster than waiting for new cams, plus you know it will be fixed) and someone from Martin has ALWAYS come into the thread to say exchange them. I've never seen them suggest sanding.

Then the response you got made you buy a Mathews a day later? (Original post, 05-17-2007, 02:21 PM. Post saying you bought a Drenalin, 05-18-2007, 02:04 PM) Yeah right.
If you think Mathews is going to treat you better you're in for a huge surprise. From what I understand they won't even talk to you other than tell you to go to a dealer.

cowboysfan
05-21-2007, 02:08 PM
well i still have the emails if you would like me to send them to you just let me know you know what im 43 and have always been a martin fan and still am and for your reply mathews has already backed their product

LeEarl
05-21-2007, 02:31 PM
well i still have the emails if you would like me to send them to you just let me know you know what im 43 and have always been a martin fan and still am and for your reply mathews has already backed their product

I thought you said you were 44 in a post before? How did you loose a year ;)
Martin has ALWAYS backed their product very well...... I have never had any issues with service.

LeEarl

cowboysfan
05-21-2007, 02:36 PM
i am 43 will be 44 this year i hit the wrong key when typing in my age you know what i love martin bows to just didnt like their response

cowboysfan
05-22-2007, 12:20 PM
so i appolgise to all of you martin did stand behind the bow the parts to fix it are in transit

bfisher
05-22-2007, 12:55 PM

Clarify something for me if you will. You just bought a new Mathews and you had to have something done to it already? Like what may I ask? I would hope that if you had a problem with a $700 bow that they would back it.

cowboysfan
05-22-2007, 01:11 PM
yup it had a stripped limb bolt i guess from what the dealer said at the factory they use air guns to put them together and it was a comon prob with some of the dremalin

bfisher
05-22-2007, 01:40 PM
yup it had a stripped limb bolt i guess from what the dealer said at the factory they use air guns to put them together and it was a comon prob with some of the dremalin

Was it the bolt or the riser?

cowboysfan
05-22-2007, 01:55 PM
it messed up the threads on the limb bolt and the riser

smarpo
05-22-2007, 09:40 PM
That is one of the big reasons I can't see the price of a Mathews, It seems stupid to screw the bolt into the riser.

bfisher
05-22-2007, 10:02 PM
That is one of the big reasons I can't see the price of a Mathews, It seems stupid to screw the bolt into the riser.

I wouldn't berate the bow for that. Actually most bows have the riser drilled and tapped to accept the limb bolts. Very few have a barrel nut like Martin does. Although the barrel nut is a better idea the other has worked for decades.

And the fact that the guy who assembled the bow screwed up is of no consequence. We are human beings and as such are prone to mistakes. The guy made a mistake and either cross threaded or stretched the threads in the riser. No big deal so long as the company makes good, which apparently they did.

There are a lot more stupid things in this archery world besides this. One that always gets a giggle out of me is the guys who buy a $700 bow and then post some question about how to adjust the weight or how to move a peep sight or some other inane question. If I spend that kind of money for a bow (which I don't) I'm sure going to know something about archery and compound bow tuning (which I do after 35 years).

cowboysfan
05-22-2007, 10:18 PM
i couldnt agree more i have always like the way martin has attatched the limb to the riser i also have an older slayer and was amased as to far you can back out the limb bolt on it. i love my martin bows but i also love my mathews i think they are both great bows is there any way to justify spending 700 dollars on it probaly not

smarpo
05-23-2007, 10:52 PM
It's true that all bows used to screw into the riser but hasn't technology progressed enough that if you are going to spend high dollars on a bow shouldn't it have the latest advancements instead of using a method that has been around for what, 50 years? I have looked at a few Mathews and there isn't anything about them that shows me they are worth as much as a Martin, little lone more. It has been said many times you are paying for Mathews high dollar advertising not a better product.

cowboysfan
05-24-2007, 07:51 AM
your right i agree mathews isnt any beter of a bow then martin i agree ive had martin bows for years but martin isnt any beter then a mathews i own them both and i wouldnt get rid of my martin you would need to shoot them both even though martins idea of the barrel nut is alot beter