PDA

View Full Version : Friend's Ridge Hunter is LOUD...??

pizzadave
08-02-2011, 03:10 PM
He guys... just wondering if I could get some advice for my friend. He got a 2011 Martin Ridge Hunter 60#. The bow is maxed out, and he is using gold tip XT hunter 5575 arrows, limbsaver limb buttons, and string leeches. I noticed that his bow has quite a "twang" when he shoots. It is MUCH louder than my Cheetah which is set at 66# and using Carbon Express Mayhem 350 arrows which ARE heavier. My bow has an STS on it.... would that be the big difference? Just trying to help him out, even though I think his noisy bow shooting next to me bothers me more than him! haha

Simple Life
08-02-2011, 03:13 PM
An StS will reduce alot of the string"Twang".And IMO Cat Whiskers will work better than leeches also.

Destroyer
08-02-2011, 03:35 PM
IMO Cat Whiskers will work better than leeches also.

Same here, leeches don't do much at all.

polaris754
08-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Whiskers will do the trick ,plus they will make yer bow look kwel !!!!!!!

bfisher
08-02-2011, 04:05 PM
You could try advancing the cam a bit, but first I'd try what the others are suggesting. An STS does help, but good old CatWhiskers are the real ticket when it comes to making a bow quiet. Sure they rob a bow of some speed, but if it's hunting rig speed for normal hunting distances should not be an issue.

HawgEnvy
08-02-2011, 04:21 PM
yupper.ditch the leeches. they suck! serving them in tight helps a little,but the whiskers are the answer.