PDA

View Full Version : Martin Cheetah = Bunny's Predator

pizzadave
08-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I went out a couple of months ago, just looking for rabbits and what not that were eating up my parent's garden.... Turns out they had 3 little bush rabbits running around. I decided I should try out my Cheetah w/ G5 SGHs on the little bastards. I not only hit a rabbit, but it snapped it's back leg clean off! I also smoked one at about 10 yards with a judo tip, and pretty much made a 3'' gaping hole right in it's side. I never knew these little small game broadheads could be so devastating! I look forward to thinning out the rabbit population all around town (town of 300 ppl) throughout the rest of summer!

HawgEnvy
08-02-2011, 04:43 PM
awesome! my Cheetah has been keeping the coon population under wraps. did you see my thread on the DIY small game heads? do a search in the tech forum(i think thats where it is)you can make about a dozen for the price of the G5 heads. maybe more.

peace
08-03-2011, 05:14 PM
I have some ground hogs here I would like to do that to. If I didn't have so much yard work I would bust those little critters. My wife wants me to trap them but there's no sport in that :cool: I am so anxious I will shoot them with a field tip. They have started to bust up our back porch stair way and I have a sink hole in the back walk way. Our house is only a year old. These suckers have done some damage. I feel like Bill Murray in Caddy Shack ;)

Ford
08-04-2011, 08:21 AM
A bump for Hawgs small game heads, I shot a few at my target they hit just where I am at 20 yds. They do penetrate but they also seem to have a ton of smack when they hit the tarted, so kind of like a modified judo tip. Havent shot any bunnies, I dont have a garden and live in town, kinda hard to explain that to a gamewarden. Any woodchucks around are gonna get it though.

peace
08-05-2011, 12:20 PM
I am just praying that some of them venture out into the yard when I have the bow out firing practice arrows that would be so sweet. :cool:

gravedigger
08-10-2011, 08:12 PM
are ya going to make some wabbit stew.

Destroyer
08-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Where are the photo's? ;)

Ehunter
08-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Everytime I got out to shoot, I have at least 4-5 rabbits within 10 yards of me. The things are getting so used to me shooting, they don't even move unless they are right in front of my target. Not unusual to see 20 or more rabbits in the yard every night. Actually had one the other night come hopping around the edge of my backstop as I was pulling arrows. Could have just swung the arrow and hit it.

gravedigger
08-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Everytime I got out to shoot, I have at least 4-5 rabbits within 10 yards of me. The things are getting so used to me shooting, they don't even move unless they are right in front of my target. Not unusual to see 20 or more rabbits in the yard every night. Actually had one the other night come hopping around the edge of my backstop as I was pulling arrows. Could have just swung the arrow and hit it.

what,what,what.sounds like you have bunny stew just asking to be brewed

Destroyer
08-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Everytime I got out to shoot, I have at least 4-5 rabbits within 10 yards of me.

Wish it was like that where I hunt. Its heavily hunted with rifles so most times your flat out getting closer than 30 yards.

what,what,what.sounds like you have bunny stew just asking to be brewed

Bit of a poet GD!

gravedigger
08-12-2011, 06:27 PM

Bit of a poet GD!

well it might be a bit of the mountain brew doin the stewin,but dont let that ruin what im doin.rotflmao

Destroyer
08-12-2011, 06:36 PM
well it might be a bit of the mountain brew doin the stewin,but dont let that ruin what im doin.

Lol! Yep, your the forum poet alright. :D