PDA

View Full Version : speed nocks ???

Sagittarius
08-02-2011, 05:51 PM
I was wondering if any of you Bengal owners are using speed nocks ? If so what kind of difference does it make ? Where should I position them??? Any help would be appreciated.. I'm getting about 280fps with my 09 set at 68# and a 29inch DL with a 365gn arrow??? Does this sound reasonable ? I would like to get the most out of my bow as possible.

Destroyer
08-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm getting about 280fps with my 09 set at 68# and a 29inch DL with a 365gn arrow??? Does this sound reasonable

Sounds about the same as my 2010 Pantera, its fine. Speed nocks will only gain you 1 or 2 fps anyway, not worth the effort imo.

bfisher
08-03-2011, 02:27 AM
Just to add to what Sonny has explained you need to use a chronograph, too. You put a couple brass nocksets on then shoot over the chrono. Move them a half inch or so and try again. Move them again and shoot again, and again, and again, and again, till you find that sweet spot. My expereience is that for all this work you may gain as much as 3-4 fps. Or as he says, you may gain nothing or may even lose speed. Too much hassle for something that you'll never be able to see.

Sagittarius
08-03-2011, 03:03 AM
Thanks Gentlemen, Maybe when I find an afternoon I might give it a shot ?? No pun intended. No fine tuning tips ?? WOW! I see I'm now a Senior Member ??? Is that because I'm old, or been here for a couple years ???

bfisher
08-03-2011, 03:10 AM
Thanks Gentlemen, Maybe when I find an afternoon I might give it a shot ?? No pun intended. No fine tuning tips ?? WOW! I see I'm now a Senior Member ??? Is that because I'm old, or been here for a couple years ???

It's because you finally have 100 posts. You spend too much time on AT. LOL.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-03-2011, 09:52 AM
It's because you finally have 100 posts. You spend too much time on AT. LOL.I look at is this way, if you have a lot of posts on AT you talk too much:rolleyes:. If you have a lot of posts on Martin tech forum you are very knowledgeable!!! ;)

Hutch:cool:

Ehunter
08-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Lol Hutch. Glad I gave up on AT. Now I have to post more on here to be a smart feller like you guys! lol

Sagittarius
08-03-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't really do any posts on AT but I do enjoy the DIY forum .. Just don't get on any forums much at all anymore.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-03-2011, 04:34 PM
I don't really do any posts on AT but I do enjoy the DIY forum .. Just don't get on any forums much at all anymore.Yeah I do the same on AT, my two favorite places are DIY and arrows and strings.

Hutch:cool: