PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

SkyChi
08-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Tried to send Mr. Fisher a PM about this but his mailbox was full. As Admin it probably stays that way.

Anyhow, I've tried to ad an avatar with no luck. A few people have them and I thought there may be some requirement that I haven't met.

I would gladly contribute towards forum expences, promise not to post naughty avatars or other reasonable things to be able to have one. I'm just curious what I need to do.

Thanks,
Mark

Arrow Splitter
08-03-2011, 06:25 AM
Tried to send Mr. Fisher a PM about this but his mailbox was full. As Admin it probably stays that way.

Anyhow, I've tried to ad an avatar with no luck. A few people have them and I thought there may be some requirement that I haven't met.

I would gladly contribute towards forum expences, promise not to post naughty avatars or other reasonable things to be able to have one. I'm just curious what I need to do.

Thanks,
MarkThe few that have them are Mods and the Admin. Regular members can't have them.
The reason Bfisher's inbox is full is because he has been banning spammers.

A.S

SkyChi
08-03-2011, 06:39 AM
There's my answer.

bfisher
08-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Yeah man, sorry about the full box, but it only holds 50. As I ban members it fills up, deletes the bottom one and keeps going. I have been emptying it several times a day and especially when I'm done for the day.

As for the avatars? It might be nice so I'll look into it. If I get it working just don't be posting any ugly ones like mine. I gotta do something about that. I have at least gotten new glasses, but I'll not wear them for the next photo. Heck I don't shoot with them.

You guys saw that I added a Photo forum, right? That's for you with your bows. Not hunting shots. I might put in a subforum for that.

bfisher
08-03-2011, 08:02 AM
I've gone all through the Admin control panel and can't find any mention about permissions to allow user avatars. Sorry 'bout that. I keep searching off and on though.

SkyChi
08-03-2011, 08:26 AM
That's cool, I'll jest add my own cus I'm twickey. ;)

My Avytar (http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af23/XJeeper_01/IMG_20101023_081534-1.jpg)

That's me stirrin the pot like I often do. Yer avytar ain't so scarey after all , huh?

peace
08-03-2011, 09:47 PM
https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/avatars_implement

Simple Life
08-04-2011, 02:42 PM
That's me stirrin the pot like I often do. Yer avytar ain't so scarey after all , huh?

SkyChi ,what you cooking in the pot?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-04-2011, 03:53 PM
SkyChi ,what you cooking in the pot?You shouldn't ask those questions SL.

Hutch:cool:

automated
08-04-2011, 04:06 PM
You should be able to increase the pm inbox limit in vbulletin. I run 2 sites using vbulletin 3.xx and I know I can. As an admin you should max that badboy out. Good luck with the spammers. I know my personal site just got bombarded with Russian spammers as soon as I installed I.P.B. on it.

SkyChi
08-04-2011, 04:26 PM
You shouldn't ask those questions SL.

AHHHH, it ain't so bad this time. :)

It's a nice Mulligan stew actually. That's the little pot too. The big box behind me has a whole hog in it.

It's about 7am in the pic. I had been up all night tending the hog and just started the stew. No sleep, plenty of adult beverages and lots of hickory smoke will do that to your eyes.

Simple Life
08-05-2011, 03:48 PM
You shouldn't ask those questions SL.

Inquiring minds want to know:p

SkyChi
08-06-2011, 02:04 AM
Proud to be your friend my friend SL and you too Hutch.

Around here ''Having a stew'' is kind of a community tradition. Churches, Volunteer Fire Depts and other orgs often do it as a fund raiser while family and friends do it just to get together to eat, drink and be merry. That pot (12 gal), it's big brother (30gal) and even that paddle have been used in this family for many decades. They are prized posessions that will be passed along. Througout this whole ''Stew'' at least 50/60 people came and went through the night and following day. Everybody brings something to add to the festivities even if it's just themselves. Nobody is turned away, friend, family or passer by and nobody goes away without a full belly and a doggie bag. It's just how we roll.

I know things are really gonna get fun when the notorious older than me gang shows up. The menu gets a little more adventurous with chittlins and rooster fries, coon and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whatever. Basicly, if it can't outrun them or a bullet it gets ett. Some of them are drinkin from mason jars and jugs too if you get my drift. I love hangin with the really old timers. They have better stories/lies and at 53 myself it's good training for when I hopefully get to join their ranks.

It's just a great time for all and something we all look forward to.

Ya'll come and hang out with some relativly civilized but real rednecks. We'll give you something to laugh about and someone to laugh with.

Simple Life
08-07-2011, 04:36 AM
Proud to be your friend my friend SL and you too Hutch.

Around here ''Having a stew'' is kind of a community tradition. Churches, Volunteer Fire Depts and other orgs often do it as a fund raiser while family and friends do it just to get together to eat, drink and be merry. That pot (12 gal), it's big brother (30gal) and even that paddle have been used in this family for many decades. They are prized posessions that will be passed along. Througout this whole ''Stew'' at least 50/60 people came and went through the night and following day. Everybody brings something to add to the festivities even if it's just themselves. Nobody is turned away, friend, family or passer by and nobody goes away without a full belly and a doggie bag. It's just how we roll.

I know things are really gonna get fun when the notorious older than me gang shows up. The menu gets a little more adventurous with chittlins and rooster fries, coon and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whatever. Basicly, if it can't outrun them or a bullet it gets ett. Some of them are drinkin from mason jars and jugs too if you get my drift. I love hangin with the really old timers. They have better stories/lies and at 53 myself it's good training for when I hopefully get to join their ranks.

It's just a great time for all and something we all look forward to.

Ya'll come and hang out with some relativly civilized but real rednecks. We'll give you something to laugh about and someone to laugh with.

Well SkyChi it sounds like you have a good time there,thanks for the invite.

SL

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Well SkyChi, stir-in the pot ain't so bad as long as you don't get cooked. Glad to have you aboard the martin team.

bfisher
08-09-2011, 07:58 AM
https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/avatars_implement

While I appreciate the link and have read it, I have since gone through everything I can in ther admin control panel and there is no way for me to implement this. There are various levels of administrators so the decision to allow avatars has to come from somebody higher in the food chain than me.

Next in line might be JoelC at Martin archery, but don't tell him I told you so---please?

Barry

Bo Hunter
01-12-2012, 12:27 PM
There's my answer.

I was wondering about that. Found a nice pic I was gonna use :(

HawgEnvy
01-12-2012, 03:45 PM
I was wondering about that. Found a nice pic I was gonna use :(

Me 2

Arrow Splitter
01-12-2012, 04:19 PM
You like mine? Ok I won't rub it in. LOL