PDA

View Full Version : ordering bengal with nitrous

Unregistered
06-06-2007, 01:34 PM
I have a few questions about ordering a bengal with the nitrous cams. First, can I order it direct from martin? I really hate my local martin dealer and want to avoid going to him at all costs. Second is there an extra charge to add the nitrous cams and thermal elite grip, if so how much? What base cam to get a 29'' draw. Lastly can I order the bow with 65# limbs. Thank you in advance.

cdfirefighter1
06-06-2007, 02:22 PM
your pruchase must go through a dealer... and im not sure about the cams but I had to pay extra for my thermal elite on my bengal

PUG
06-06-2007, 05:56 PM
The Bengal Nitrous is not offered currently..You will have to purchase the parts seperately, and have the bow assembled by your local dealer..

bfisher
06-06-2007, 06:07 PM
I guess PUG answered that one well enough.

Now maybe you'd want an alternative. You can't get the Bengal, but you can get the Pantera with Nitrous. I have one with Nitrous X cams. Yes, it has to come out of the custom shop.

I got mine primarily as a 3D bow, but I think it's going to find some camo limbs and go hunting with me. I've had a lot of bows over the years.20 in the last 15 years and this one is by far the nicest for hunting.

I can't say I am comparing it to those "other" $700 bows because I don't believe they're the best bang for the buck. They don't do anything this Bengal or Pantera won't do.

Tim Z
06-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Would it be possible for you to post a pic of the Pantera? Also did I understand you correctly, your Pantera is Target colored?

Thanks....Tim

smarpo
06-06-2007, 11:04 PM
The Bengal Nitrous is not offered currently..You will have to purchase the parts seperately, and have the bow assembled by your local dealer..

Are you saying you can't get one custom made in the pro shop? I was told mine was and it was the first one made. Hope I'm not out of bounds here as I love the bow. The limb tag says custom on it where the bow # is supposed to be. The first dealer I talked to said you couldn't get anything special anymore even through the custom shop so I guess I have an extraordinary dealer.
In answer to the base cam size I have c base cams with mini mods and am getting around 27"-27 1/2" draw so should be able to get up to 29" with the reg mods.

bfisher
06-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Would it be possible for you to post a pic of the Pantera? Also did I understand you correctly, your Pantera is Target colored?

Thanks....Tim

Tim,

My Pantera is not of a target color. I tried to get one with the Chameleon riser, but they said it couldn't be done. So just to look a little different I got the camo riser and target (black) limbs. I like the bow well enough that I may order camo limbs and change them out for hunting season.

Sorry, but I don't have a pic of the bow and wouldn't know how to post it anyway. I'm just not that computer literate. Guess I need to bone up.

I have enough bows that I can use one of the other ones for target and 3D.

For what it's worth I too have the C Base cams and mini mods set for a 27" draw. Picked up a few FPS over the standard mods. At 5 gr/lb the bow is shooting 287 fps which is right in line with ASA specs, which is just what I was looking for.

Barry