PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Trailcam Pictures. September is around the corner!

Double S
08-03-2011, 06:23 PM
I placed my trail cam out back to see who's strolling by. I DO NOT hunt my backyard. It's a good way of seeing my future supper on the hoof. One might have the Honor of meeting my Rytera Nemesis up close and personal. :cool: . The trail cam goes down two weeks before the season starts to make things all good. If That 4 pointer gets a little more bigger, he'll end up in the freezer. But I know there's more to out there.

peace
08-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Forgive me, but old deer are great for big antlers and probably all the wildlife management stuff, but young deer are just great to eat.

bfisher
08-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Forgive me, but old deer are great for big antlers and probably all the wildlife management stuff, but young deer are just great to eat.

Yes, but that's why he created does. Given a few years that 4pt might be bigger than his ole man.

Ford
08-04-2011, 08:41 AM
You said you dont hunt your backyard as if doing that was a bad thing. If I had deer like that in my backyard, I would sit my happy butt on a lawnchair next to the garage, and pop em'. The best place to doe hunt as a kid was off the garage of my parents place. Guranteed deer every year if you could shoot straight. The bathroom is 10 ft away, not hard to go in for lunch. It sounds to me like you've got it made. And if you still have a moral issue with hunting the back yard, I will come up there and give you a friendly helping hand. ;)

Ford
08-04-2011, 08:42 AM
bfisher i totally agree about the does. They are the best eating if thats what your concerned with.

Simple Life
08-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Nice pics.I hunt my back yard and love it,no pressure,no worries about my cams,nobody walking by when I am sitting there,and the wife is right there to help haul it home:p

Arrow Splitter
08-04-2011, 10:54 AM
and the wife is right there to help haul it home:pSomething about that statement just doesn't sound correct.:p:D

Simple Life
08-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Something about that statement just doesn't sound correct.:p:D

I don't have no kids to help,like Hutch:rolleyes:

Double S
08-04-2011, 11:09 AM
It's legal where I live as I'm out in the country. I only have neighbors to my sides. If I wanted too I could stand out back and shoot a buck. I just find that boring. I didn't spend thousands of dollars in bows and guns and hunting clothing to stand behind my house. I don't get a sense of accomplishment out of it. I can only kill one deer a year. A buck the first few weeks of the hunt or a Buck or doe toward the end. I know where they come from. I would rather get geared up and make the 1 mile hike to get one of them. I did enter the Second buck tag sweeps but i didn't get picked for it.

You said you dont hunt your backyard as if doing that was a bad thing. If I had deer like that in my backyard, I would sit my happy butt on a lawnchair next to the garage, and pop em'. The best place to doe hunt as a kid was off the garage of my parents place. Guranteed deer every year if you could shoot straight. The bathroom is 10 ft away, not hard to go in for lunch. It sounds to me like you've got it made. And if you still have a moral issue with hunting the back yard, I will come up there and give you a friendly helping hand. ;)

Arrow Splitter
08-04-2011, 11:13 AM
I don't have no kids to help,like Hutch:rolleyes:I feel moved........NOT!:D

Arrow Splitter
08-04-2011, 11:15 AM
It's legal where I live as I'm out in the country. I only have neighbors to my sides. If I wanted too I could stand out back and shoot a buck. I just find that boring. I didn't spend thousands of dollars in bows and guns and hunting clothing to stand behind my house. I don't get a sense of accomplishment out of it. I can only kill one deer a year. A buck the first few weeks of the hunt or a Buck or doe toward the end. I know where they come from. I would rather get geared up and make the 1 mile hike to get one of them. I did enter the Second buck tag sweeps but i didn't get picked for it.I agree. I also wouldn't want to just step out the door, let an arrow go, and call it a day.

Double S
08-05-2011, 07:57 AM
More pics just a different angle.

bfisher
08-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Something about that statement just doesn't sound correct.:p:D

Why, what's wrong with it. If ya gotta have a wife might as well be one like that.

bfisher
08-05-2011, 08:09 AM
It's legal where I live as I'm out in the country. I only have neighbors to my sides. If I wanted too I could stand out back and shoot a buck. I just find that boring. I didn't spend thousands of dollars in bows and guns and hunting clothing to stand behind my house. I don't get a sense of accomplishment out of it. I can only kill one deer a year. A buck the first few weeks of the hunt or a Buck or doe toward the end. I know where they come from. I would rather get geared up and make the 1 mile hike to get one of them. I did enter the Second buck tag sweeps but i didn't get picked for it.

Depends on a lot of things, but you get to be my age you might be singin a different tune. Till then enjoy it your way.

Ford
08-05-2011, 09:02 AM
I go where the deer are, if that the backyard I'm there, if its out in the middle of no where so be it. Your blessed to have deer in your backyard.
I would love it if my wife drug out deer for me, and gutted them to! Score!!!!!!!

Double S
08-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Another Pic.

Double S
08-08-2011, 08:20 AM
More pics using the TrophyBlend Deer Scents stick.

MLN1963
08-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Double S

What is a TB scent stick?

gravedigger
08-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Nice pics.I hunt my back yard and love it,no pressure,no worries about my cams,nobody walking by when I am sitting there,and the wife is right there to help haul it home:p

my best friends ol lady guts and butchers up his deer for him.she was a med student and had to gut worse thing then deer or elk.so to her it like learning all over again.he is one lucky guy to be able to do the shootin and she does the dirty work.lol

Double S
08-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Double S

What is a TB scent stick?

It's the only scents I use Pre Season and during the hunting season. I mainly use Cover scents or Herd blend scents during my September hunt. It's TrophyBlend Deer Scents. They work like deodorant sticks. No messy liquids to deal with and they are easy to use. I use it on my trail cams, make my own tree rubs, Rub it on a branch or on the bottom of your boot and make your own deer trail. During one of my September hunts it was over 90 degree's. I rubbed the "Sage" scent all over my clothing. I was right alongside a sage brush sitting in the sahe waiting for a buck to come bay for the shot. I had a 4 pointer muley actually run right into me. He jumped, I jumped...I had to pull my bow back so that the BH wouldn't poke him in the chest. lol. he didn't smell me at all. I only use the Cover scents during my hunts. i like to blend in.

This is some of what I have,

Double S
08-17-2011, 06:16 PM
The one on the right will be on my Rytera Nemesis's Hit list!.

Double S
08-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Turkey hen and Poults.

Arrow Splitter
08-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Nice pics Double S.... So how's it feel to be "Senior Member"?:D

Double S
08-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Nice pics Double S.... So how's it feel to be "Senior Member"?:D
Now it fits how I feel. :rolleyes: I thought I was gonna get something fancy from MATF for my 100th post!.

Arrow Splitter
08-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Now it fits how I feel. :rolleyes: I thought I was gonna get something fancy from MATF for my 100th post!.Nope. All you get for your 100th post is a new title saying you've been either around for a LONG time, or you talk WAY too much(like Destro- Uh I mean like another member on here).:cool::p
I'm almost to 2000, but that's because I ban too many spammers.:D

Destroyer
08-18-2011, 06:10 PM
or you talk WAY too much(like Destro- Uh I mean like another member on here

Ah you mean Destro-man. Yep talks way too much. :p

Double S
08-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Nope. All you get for your 100th post is a new title saying you've been either around for a LONG time, or you talk WAY too much(like Destro- Uh I mean like another member on here).:cool::p
I'm almost to 2000, but that's because I ban too many spammers.:D

My online forum obsession has gone down a lot. At one point I was on 13 forums running at once. I was on 8-12 hours a day. Now I'm down to 3 forums. One of them I'm at only 11,000 posts.

Correction...4 if I include Facebook. lol

Double S
08-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Anybody home?

MLN1963
08-26-2011, 04:05 AM
It's the only scents I use Pre Season and during the hunting season. I mainly use Cover scents or Herd blend scents during my September hunt. It's TrophyBlend Deer Scents. They work like deodorant sticks. No messy liquids to deal with and they are easy to use. I use it on my trail cams, make my own tree rubs, Rub it on a branch or on the bottom of your boot and make your own deer trail. During one of my September hunts it was over 90 degree's. I rubbed the "Sage" scent all over my clothing. I was right alongside a sage brush sitting in the sahe waiting for a buck to come bay for the shot. I had a 4 pointer muley actually run right into me. He jumped, I jumped...I had to pull my bow back so that the BH wouldn't poke him in the chest. lol. he didn't smell me at all. I only use the Cover scents during my hunts. i like to blend in.

This is some of what I have,

Looks like it works well. Instead of sage and corn; we need mesquite, cotton and wheat down here in the OK/TX area. :cool: