PDA

View Full Version : What rest to use on the new Martin Silencer bow? and silencer too.

j-bo
08-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Getting the Silencer, 1st new bow in 10yrs.

What rest is everyone using?

I've narrowed down to:

Ripcord Code Red-all metal (except arrow arm)

QAD Ultra Pro-lots of plastic but "lockdown" feature is nice.

And while I'm at it..what stabilizer is a good choice. Cheap is better.

gotboar
08-04-2011, 10:21 AM
I really like the BowJax products. Fer the price they arent that bad....

Simple Life
08-04-2011, 10:46 AM
I have 2 Code Reds and they work well.Just make sure to time them correctly(which is not hard).Didn't like the fact the QAD was all plastic internal.BTW welcome to the forum.

SL

gravedigger
08-04-2011, 10:48 AM
i like my hostage but i am thinking about getting the NAP 360,and ya can go wrong with whiskers.

j-bo
08-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Dummy me... I meant.. STABILIZER!! Yikes.

Simple Life
08-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Nap and Sims and some decent stabs are good prices.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Simms got to agree is simple takes the abuse and works.

Hutch:cool:

Speedykills
08-04-2011, 01:20 PM
I have 2 Code Reds and they work well.Just make sure to time them correctly(which is not hard).Didn't like the fact the QAD was all plastic internal.BTW welcome to the forum.

SL

I agree i have a code red on my firecat,did the qad also but prefer the code red.One thing that i really like about red is it takes very little pressure to activate it.So you dont have to worry to much about timing issues.
Forgot ya i use a sims on my cat also.

pizzadave
08-04-2011, 01:54 PM
i like my hostage but i am thinking about getting the NAP 360,and ya can go wrong with whiskers.

I've got a tan NAP 360 if you want it! I opted for a QAD on my Cheetah. I do miss how easy the 360 was to tune.... it is a great rest for fine tuning, but it was kind of noisy with my arrows. It was fine with easton st excel arrows, but the Mayhem's carbon weave is kind of noisy on rests...... but.. if you want it... $25.....

Ford
08-04-2011, 02:12 PM
I have the qad drop away, cant remember the model but I know its the top of their line one. I love it, got it used, probably shot thousands of times before I got it, and it still works great. I dont like the mole skin peeling off constantly, my only complaint. I use a cheap sims, cost 15-20 works well.

j-bo
08-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks all... I ended up going with the ripcord code red. I like metal parts instead of plastic and to me, the only advantage the QAD had was the lock down. I'm not to concerned with that after thinking on it some more.

Thanks again for the advice.

Which sims are you using, the S-coil? And that is for the SILENCER model bow right? I have shot some other stabilizers on other bows, but was wanting suggestions specific to the silencer model.