PDA

View Full Version : Martin Pride

panman
06-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi guys,new here.I have a Martin Pride with fury cams,i believe.Does any one have any information on string and cable lenths?.Its a 98 and i love the way it shoots.Whoever had it before me put on some aftermarket strings and i dont know what the specs are.[DL,ect.].I believe its 60-75LBS.The strings look like they were made in someons back yard,real thick.Thanks pan.:)

smarpo
06-16-2007, 09:09 PM
The split strings[or cables as you call them] are 38" on all draw lengths. String length varies with the draw length[which also requires different cams for each draw length]. I have some written down if you have a different length than these you will have to go to Martins charts.
29" draw = 53 1/2" string # 3 cam
28" = 52" # 2
27" = 50 1/2 # 1
26" = 50 1/2 # 0
I just sold my pride to my brother in law, it was a very accurate bow. I also have a nearly new set of # 0 cams in the 80 % let off that I am selling.

panman
06-18-2007, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the information Smarpo,i sure do appreciate it.I dont know what it is about this bow ,but i just love the way it handles,and shoots.Back in 98 split limbs were just about unherd of.I guess that the bow,and Martin were ahead of the times,reguarding the TEC.at that time.I shoot a Ross34,and a Bowtec Tribute.Im happy with both bows also,but i keep going back to the Martin Pride,go figure.;) pan.