PDA

View Full Version : Single Cam Vs Nitrous Cams?

deer dude
06-30-2007, 02:26 PM
should a 48 yr.old man try out a dual cam bow after hes been shooting a single cam half his life.?:D will the arm and shoulder take it? or should i just stay with a smooth drawing single cam?

Robert58
06-30-2007, 04:59 PM
should a 48 yr.old man try out a dual cam bow after hes been shooting a single cam half his life.?:D will the arm and shoulder take it? or should i just stay with a smooth drawing single cam?

I thought Dual Cams were smoother than a Single Cam.

I'm 63 yrs. old and I'm shooting a custom Scepter II with Nitrous cams.

Robert

LeEarl
07-02-2007, 10:33 AM
The Vipro and M-Pro cams are butter smooth, smoother then the Nitrous cams. But, if you have the 75% mods on the Nitrous they are not too bad. The thing some people do not like (but some do) about the Nitrous cams are they have no valley. The 75% mods will give you a little valley.

That said, I do not think you can get smoother then the Martin single cams. they are not as fast as their 2 cams, but really nice to shoot.

cdfirefighter1
07-02-2007, 10:45 AM
The Vipro and M-Pro cams are butter smooth, smoother then the Nitrous cams. But, if you have the 75% mods on the Nitrous they are not too bad. The thing some people do not like (but some do) about the Nitrous cams are they have no valley. The 75% mods will give you a little valley.

That said, I do not think you can get smoother then the Martin single cams. they are not as fast as their 2 cams, but really nice to shoot.

:) m-pro and vipro... ultra smooth.. nice cam systems..

bfisher
07-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Here is my experience comparing single cams and dualies, as I have shot dualies for 25 years ans single cams for at least 7 years.

Single cams generally are not as smooth as duals. Cam lean and nock travel have been issues from day one with single cams.

Getting right down to why I prefer dualies, Nitrous in particular. Yes the MPro cam is smooth to draw and so are some of the other smooth draw cams----for a given draw weight. But I find that I can get the same performance (speed) shooting a Nitrous cam at about 7-8# less draw weight, which means I don't have to roll over the peak weight, smooth or not smooth peak weight is peak weight.

All these smooth drawing cams really are is a digression back to round wheels and or soft cams. Don't get me wrong. This could be a good thing. Where people get things wrong is they figure because the cam rolls over smoother then they can draw more weight. The idea is to be able to draw easier and with better control.

And lastly, with a Nitrous or Furious X system I won't have level nock travel issue, nor will my bow have any cam lean---ever. Everything is in the center of the bow, which happens to end up the dynamic center also.

hunter
07-10-2007, 05:29 AM

Myself ,I have both but like the m-pro single cam for hunting ..let off is way better I can hold it a long time if needed . Then I have nitrous cam set up for 3-d ..faster but, let off is not as good for me anyway..

Jeffrey
07-10-2007, 11:16 PM
No worries here...been shooting my SlayR SE with nitrous cams set at 70 pounds. It has a smoooth draw. They are going to have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. Jeffrey (53)

jhunt414
08-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Martin's nitrous cams are the smoothest cams that Martin has. They are also the easiest to tune and adjust. They also get blazing speeds and are super acurate. In my opinion they are the best in the industry and they are the main reason why I shoot a Martin.