PDA

View Full Version : shipping?

sirfunkeybut
08-06-2011, 09:58 PM
I live a couple of hours from Martin archery and had limbs ordered over a week ago and still no show. I'm probably being impatient but season starts in three weeks and I need to get shooting. I've read other posts on here about people getting there products a week after ordering and they live on the other side of the country. I've tried calling the local dealer that ordered the limbs and that got me no where. I called Martin and they said they cant release any information

Destroyer
08-07-2011, 01:48 AM
I'm probably being impatient but season starts in three weeks and I need to get shooting.

Don't think your impatient, I would be looking for answers too.

I called Martin and they said they cant release any information

:confused:

Ehunter
08-07-2011, 04:46 AM
My bet is, your local dealer hasn't ordered them yet, and Martin is trying to keep you from getting mad at him by not telling you anything. I'd call him Monday, and see what's up. I've found it's far faster to call Martin myself, and have them ship the parts to my local dealer. THEN call the dealer, and let him know that parts are coming in.

sirfunkeybut
08-07-2011, 07:16 AM
He said he ordered them Tuesday, whether that's the truth or not? I was just wondering if there was anyone on here from Washington that's ordered and had it take forever

My bet is, your local dealer hasn't ordered them yet, and Martin is trying to keep you from getting mad at him by not telling you anything. I'd call him Monday, and see what's up. I've found it's far faster to call Martin myself, and have them ship the parts to my local dealer. THEN call the dealer, and let him know that parts are coming in.

sirfunkeybut
08-09-2011, 01:14 PM
alright i talked to the dealer again and he said he got confused. It doesn't make any sense to me. he said he thought i said that i had 60# limbs on my bow and i wanted 70#, which i have 70# but ones cracked so i just wanted to replace them. Now what doesn't make sense to me is either way the 70# limbs would have to be ordered. So now season starts the 1st and i feel like i wont have my bow till the 25th or so. this sucks so bad.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-09-2011, 01:29 PM
alright i talked to the dealer again and he said he got confused. It doesn't make any sense to me. he said he thought i said that i had 60# limbs on my bow and i wanted 70#, which i have 70# but ones cracked so i just wanted to replace them. Now what doesn't make sense to me is either way the 70# limbs would have to be ordered. So now season starts the 1st and i feel like i wont have my bow till the 25th or so. this sucks so bad.That is a dealer I wouldn't deal with again. I have a 5 star dealer 45min. away I have never had that problem with him. The longest I ever waited for limbs is 2 weeks and that was because martin was waiting for them. Sounds like time to get a little firm and maybe light a fire to see if that will speed up the process.

BTW Welcome to the forum!

Hutch:cool:

sirfunkeybut
08-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome.hes always been alright up to this point. When i talked to martin they said that it would take between 7-10 days for the limbs to be finished and sent so hopefully we stay at the lower end of the estimate. Then i figure about a day or so to reassemble my bow and call me. I feel lost without my bow, i need to shoot.

That is a dealer I wouldn't deal with again. I have a 5 star dealer 45min. away I have never had that problem with him. The longest I ever waited for limbs is 2 weeks and that was because martin was waiting for them. Sounds like time to get a little firm and maybe light a fire to see if that will speed up the process.

BTW Welcome to the forum!

Hutch:cool:

Destroyer
08-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Now what doesn't make sense to me is either way the 70# limbs would have to be ordered.

But if its a warranty claim it could make a difference. Sometimes bow manufacturers will only replace what you have purchased. Anyway keep on top of it, sometimes a shop will need a little hurry up. ;)

Arrow Splitter
08-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Anyway keep on top of it, sometimes a shop will need a little hurry up. ;)x2:cool:
Welcome to the forum sirfunkeybut!:cool:

A.S

HawgEnvy
08-09-2011, 07:20 PM
welcome to the forum. if its something you can handle doing, you might consider picking the parts up from the dealer and doing the assembly and set-up on your own. it might get done a little quicker versus having the proshop dealing w other customers while trying to get your bow done.

sirfunkeybut
08-10-2011, 03:21 AM
Might sound like an odd question but does anyone know if they are going to send the original 01 magnum limbs or have they upgraded since then and send a new style or something like that.
To hawgenvy: I think next time that's what ill do. I want to start doing all of my own work like, serving, peep tying, d loop etc. To me if I do it right, its the satisfaction of knowing I, myself, did it.

Scott
08-10-2011, 04:28 PM
That's why I have 2 of everything that is important, and needed. From flash lights to girl friends. My wife doesn't understand it.

sirfunkeybut
08-10-2011, 06:29 PM
lol, my girlfriend doesn't understand either.

That's why I have 2 of everything that is important, and needed. From flash lights to girl friends. My wife doesn't understand it.

bfisher
08-11-2011, 03:29 AM
Two of everything? I have one wife and I know what she has cost me over the last 35 years. No way would I could have afforded two of them. LOL. That would really have been throwing good money after bad.

NY_Bowhunter
08-11-2011, 06:20 AM
I hear ya OP .... I've been waiting for over 3 weeks now for limbs for my bow. I still have time before the season starts here in NY, but I'm hoping to have this bow up and shooting WELL before the season so I don't head into the woods with another set of splintered and cracked limbs. :( Good luck on getting your limbs and welcome to the forum.

p.s.- ain't NO WAY I could afford two girlfriends!! I guess we know who has the $$$ here huh??? So .... about this bow you're getting me so I don't tell one girlfriend about the other girlfriend and keep them both from the wife ...................

bigredhunter00
08-11-2011, 11:39 AM
you need to relax u could be in the boat i was in......Wait over 2 months. They will come, be patient and be calm.

sirfunkeybut
08-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Ok, I can quit freaking out. I just got my bow back. Took three full days from order day!! But I do have a question to anyone that can help. The limbs are magnums with fusion cam. Martin Jaguar m-105. The original specs are ata 33.25 with a brace hight of 6.25. The brace hight is off by 1/16 of an inch but ata is off by .75 in. Is this because the newer limbs or is something out of wack

HawgEnvy
08-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Ok, I can quit freaking out. I just got my bow back. Took three full days from order day!! But I do have a question to anyone that can help. The limbs are magnums with fusion cam. Martin Jaguar m-105. The original specs are ata 33.25 with a brace hight of 6.25. The brace hight is off by 1/16 of an inch but ata is off by .75 in. Is this because the newer limbs or is something out of wack

put a few twists in the string to shorten ata. brace is fine

Destroyer
08-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Brace height will change if ATA is shortened. I wouldn't worry about the ATA at all if the draw weight is correct. Won't affect anything including speed. Don't worry be happy..... :)

sirfunkeybut
08-13-2011, 06:11 PM
well the old limbs were at 68 maxed out, and when i picked the bow up he said the poundage was 74 maxed out. So im not sure, i never mesured the specs prior to new limbs so maybe the string was nice and stretched and when he put the new limbs on he twisted the string up a little?

Brace height will change if ATA is shortened. I wouldn't worry about the ATA at all if the draw weight is correct. Won't affect anything including speed. Don't worry be happy..... :)

Destroyer
08-14-2011, 12:51 AM
well the old limbs were at 68 maxed out, and when i picked the bow up he said the poundage was 74 maxed out.

:eek: Well you don't want it going any higher than that I would think. Check the draw length, if its correct then reducing the ata will increase draw weight further. If the draw length is too long then a few twists in the string will bring down the ATA, the draw length and the draw weight and increase the brace height.

NY_Bowhunter
08-15-2011, 08:33 PM
:eek: Well you don't want it going any higher than that I would think. Check the draw length, if its correct then reducing the ata will increase draw weight further. If the draw length is too long then a few twists in the string will bring down the ATA, the draw length and the draw weight and increase the brace height.

OMFG ..... hold on .... stop this thread ..... It's gonna take me awhile figure out what you just said here Destroyer. (I'ma tryin' ta learn here!!)

Edit: OK ... so what you're saying is that the limbs would become sort of pre loaded more so with a shorter ATA and increase the weight? (I think I understand that)