PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar pro series bow

trebor1knarf
08-08-2011, 07:01 AM
My bow makes a extremely loud thunk noise when i shoot it. I have limb silencers , string silencers and a stabilizer on it. Is this bow just generally loud or is there something i'm missing. The cams are tight, strings are good everything seems to tight. I believe the bow is a 1995- 1996 model but unsure.

peace
08-08-2011, 10:53 AM
My bow makes a extremely loud thunk noise when i shoot it. I have limb silencers , string silencers and a stabilizer on it. Is this bow just generally loud or is there something i'm missing. The cams are tight, strings are good everything seems to tight. I believe the bow is a 1995- 1996 model but unsure.

How is the bow setup[DW, DL and length, weight of arrow]. Technology has changed a lot of things since then, but the older bows were louder, and were not at all as dead in the hand as the bows of today...machined risers are much more common today, which at least to me make a world of difference. The older bows many times have steel cables too.

I think the string materials are also much better than was previously used. I use astro flight strings in my Cougar and I have as yet to detect any stretch in three months. There are more knowledgeable than I here that can offer a greater perspective.