PDA

View Full Version : HELP....Jaguar pro series

trebor1knarf
08-09-2011, 03:29 AM
I think this is a mid 90's bow. It has zcams which have 7x on them. axle to axle is 36" dw is 60 to 70#, dl is 29" or 30"... The bow has a loud thunk when you shoot it.. Everything seems to tight, strings are good ,cables are good.,Can't seem to put my finger on what causes this noise. I have a cheetah mid 90's bow also and it is very quiet. Could someone give me some advice.. I did go to gander mtn. ,they wanted more money to look at it($90) then another($90) tofix, if they found a problem. HELP PLEASE

archerx7
08-09-2011, 07:12 AM
If your cams are out of time it will cause more noise than would be normal. Some good string silencers will also help, it seems most on this site prefer the old fashined cat wiskers over the other brands available.

Destroyer
08-09-2011, 02:32 PM
I agree with archerx7, catwiskers or another type will quieten it down a bit. And I take it that your cheetah is a single cam bow, they are usually a bit quieter than dual cam bows. Its the price you pay for loading the bow up with more energy.

Are the accessories like rests, etc, the same on both bows?

trebor1knarf
08-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the info... Both bows are dual cam, the cheetah though is allot quieter. I put a limbsaver type device on Jag on the cable guard and 2 more on the limbs. This seemed to quiet it down and also noted that aluminum arrows were more quiet than the carbons , does this make any sence. I do have string silencers on similar to catwhiskers. I'm used to hearing a swish not a thunk,also i'm shooting in my garage and maybe this has a effect on the sound....

gravedigger
08-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the info... Both bows are dual cam, the cheetah though is allot quieter. I put a limbsaver type device on Jag on the cable guard and 2 more on the limbs. This seemed to quiet it down and also noted that aluminum arrows were more quiet than the carbons , does this make any sence. I do have string silencers on similar to catwhiskers. I'm used to hearing a swish not a thunk,also i'm shooting in my garage and maybe this has a effect on the sound....

aluminum arrows have more weight to them so it will quiet down your bow a bit.carbon is a bit lighter so it is not a quiet.

Destroyer
08-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Both bows are dual cam, the cheetah though is allot quieter.

My bad then. If they are both the same cam its strange. Same setup on both of the bows? (rest, etc)

i'm shooting in my garage and maybe this has a effect on the sound....

Will amplify it somewhat, refects of the wall.

aluminum arrows have more weight to them so it will quiet down your bow a bit.carbon is a bit lighter so it is not a quiet.

And the materials react with sound differently too. Alloys tend to absorb sound better than carbons.

trebor1knarf
08-11-2011, 03:01 AM
Thanks guys for the info. Both bows are set up the same way.... I'll stick with alum. for now on the jag, but the carbons shoot great out of the cheetah.(both bows have Zcams). I just bought a used cougar 2000 with the fuzion cam, i'm still in the process of setting it up. It has a different feel to it than the other bows. What would be the best string to put on these bows, there all going to need one sooner or later. Thanks again for your help..

cjchasman
08-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Contact Hutch n Son archery...Oh by the way he is a member here so pm him. Custom string maker at a fair price and you won't beat the quality.

I have a set on my Bengal and they are great.

cj

Destroyer
08-11-2011, 03:45 PM
there all going to need one sooner or later

I wouldn't replace strings on any bow unless it really needs it. ;)