PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Martin!!!!

NY_Bowhunter
08-12-2011, 07:12 AM
I just got the call from the local pro shop that my limbs came in and he's assembling the bow today and I'll be shooting the ole' '08 Slayer Extreme once again!! I miss that bow!! I can't thank Martin Archery enough for the great customer service and Joel in particular for being very helpful and understanding. All I can say is to those who are hesitant to buy a Martin bow because of limb problems or what have you, DON'T BE!! Martin really does stand behind their products!!! THANKS MARTIN!! :) :) :)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Well said NY bowhunter, Some of us have known this for years and some are just learning. But there are those other guys that never learn.

Hutch:cool:

NY_Bowhunter
08-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Well said NY bowhunter, Some of us have known this for years and some are just learning. But there are those other guys that never learn.

Hutch:cool:

You should put a patent on that statement!!!! HAHAHA

pizzadave
08-12-2011, 11:06 AM
I learned this just a few weeks ago.... had my limbs replaced on my 2010 cheetah, idlers wheel, and.got a metal cam module.... had it shooting in just 9 days time.... I wanna thank Martin, and Joel myself! The company may not know, but I know that when its time to upgrade, I am going martin all the way.....

polaris754
08-12-2011, 01:39 PM
hey pretty much had the same results when my bow limbs cracked , absolutely Joel is great as well as the whole Martin staff , as said again great job martin cs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I will always shoot a martin bow , problem is getting the wife to cough up some bucks to get a new one lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sirfunkeybut
08-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Just wondering how long it took to get your limbs? Mine were ordered Tuesday and season starts the first, you think ill get my bow back by then?

peace
08-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Smarten Up and Martin Up

NY_Bowhunter
08-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Just wondering how long it took to get your limbs? Mine were ordered Tuesday and season starts the first, you think ill get my bow back by then?

Mine were ordered about a month ago. With that said, my bow is going on 4 years old being a 2008 model, I'm in NY, I don't have a Martin dealer near me but Joel said "Just get it to your local pro shop. We don't care if they are a Martin Dealer. We'll get the limbs there. Just have him call me when you drop the bow off." ...... there were a few things, in my case, that may have held things up some. Not to mention the shipping time alone was probably close to a week. The pro shop I use was concerned that the limbs they recieved weren't the correct limbs. The owner said that the cam pockets were a different shape and the limbs were solid as opposed to the old ones that were not. I kind of laughed and said, "Those should be the new 2011 limbs." the owner replied "Good darn thing!! I tried to call Martin since I was afraid that they were the wrong limbs but they close at 12pm on Friday and I got your limbs at 12:30pm!!" (He deals with Bowtech and Parker bows) I did see the bow briefly and it looks great, but he has yet to get the cables and string back on plus I'm having a new Octane hostage rest put on along with my Sword Accu Sight. :) Anyways, from what I've seen on here and all over on other forums I wind up at doing a search or on AT, it appears that if you go through a GOOD dealer, like a 5 star, the turn around time would make your head spin!! I've seen a few people post that their bows were up and shooting in as little as 5 days. I would have to say that alot has to do with the dealer you go to more so than Martin a majority of the time. What I mean is, Martin is definitely there to help BUT if your dealer is lazy or likes to put things off, they tend to point the finger at Martin when in fact it's the shop you're dealing with. I do hope you get your limbs very soon!! :) Have faith. You still have time to get a phone call saying your bow is ready.

NY_Bowhunter
08-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Smarten Up and Martin Up

Amen to that!!!!

sirfunkeybut
08-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the detailed response, I know my dealer already messed up once and it has taken him over a week to order the limbs. I thankfully only live 2 hrs or so from martin. And the hostage rest is the one we just bought for my girlfriends bow and she loves it. With any luck at all my bow will be here next week, my trigger finger is itching bad. And pretty soon my girlfriend is going to start out shooting me with all this time off. :-)

Destroyer
08-13-2011, 02:13 AM
And pretty soon my girlfriend is going to start out shooting me with all this time off. :-)

At least you will have an excuse. ;)

NY_Bowhunter
08-13-2011, 05:52 AM
pretty soon my girlfriend is going to start out shooting me with all this time off. :-)

At least you will have an excuse. ;)

Is that an acceptable excuse?? Shoot her bow!!!!

Destroyer
08-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Is that an acceptable excuse??

Really, no. But sometimes you have to take what you can get.

Shoot her bow!!!!

Better. ;)