PDA

View Full Version : new 2011 firecat 400

tko
08-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Just got new firecat 400 it didn't come with trg or SOS I thought that it was stock with them any one know he it does or not

HawgEnvy
08-12-2011, 09:05 PM
there were MANY issues involved with the set up,so they started sending them out with cable rod/slide. Enjoy your FC w/o the headache:cool:

gravedigger
08-12-2011, 09:14 PM
yep be happy it did not come with TRG or SOS.a few people stated they did not have issues with it,and after a short time they were haveing issues.TRG/SOS is just one of thouse trial and error things that have more error then trial.enjoy the bow as it sit and have a blast.AND WELCOM TO THE FORUM

NY_Bowhunter
08-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Congrats on the new bow!!!! As others have said, and from what I read about the TRG and SOS, you're MUCH better off with the slide setup. Enjoy the bow and shoot in good health. :)

tko
08-13-2011, 07:45 AM
Thanks I was not sure if I should be Mad or not

Rangerj
08-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Be Glad not Mad!!!!!

Destroyer
08-13-2011, 03:22 PM
It gets me going when things don't turn up as they should. Sometimes its a good thing. :)

sniperjohn
04-06-2012, 05:51 AM
Sorry to dig up an archive from last year, but what exaclty were/are the problems found with TRG and SOS? I have the 2011 FC400 and if there's potential problems with these systems, I'd like to learn more & perhaps look into replacing these systems on my bow.

Thanks for any help!!

droppixel
04-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Main problem was it was eating up cables like a fat kid and cake (sorry if any of you are fat kids and happen to really like cake). If you still have one on your bow, contact Joel and they will send you out a replacement rod/slide and STS

gravedigger
04-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Sorry to dig up an archive from last year, but what exaclty were/are the problems found with TRG and SOS? I have the 2011 FC400 and if there's potential problems with these systems, I'd like to learn more & perhaps look into replacing these systems on my bow.

Thanks for any help!!

if you have had you your bow for some time and have shot it many times with no cable ware then you are fine.the problem with the TRG was people where haveing ther cables torn up by the TRG after just a few shots,but not everyone has had this problem and many still use the TRG.

wscywabbit
04-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Just like Gravedigger said, some had problems some didn't, it seemed very hit or miss. I for one put probably 1000 rounds through my Onza with the TRG/SOS system and the only issue I ever had was that the rubber piece wore out, and started slipping off causing errant shots. But it was replaceable with new rubber pieces. I ended up doing the change to the traditional slide/rod in an effort to quiet the rig down, which was successful. Hope that helps!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-06-2012, 12:01 PM
No matter what eventually the trg will wear out the cable(s) it's a matter of friction. It took a turn for the worst quickly after it was released.

Hutch:cool:

droppixel
04-06-2012, 12:14 PM
I'd really like to see them take another crack at it with some different engineering. If they got guys that are smart enough to create a cam like the Fury Xt - they should be able to figure this out. I just think the angle the cables came into the TRG was so severe to start and maybe the choice of material and shape wasn't optimal. It is a novel concept and I'm sure they could do it, might take more R&D though with more testing. Curious to see how Strother's little cable doo-dad works out.

Lung Buster
04-06-2012, 12:37 PM
The TRG is a pretty good concept and i think Martin was definitely on to something! Hopefully they wont give up on it.

coastie hunter
04-06-2012, 02:35 PM
everybody always trys to change the cable slide and they always come back to the standard cable slide. I dont think there is a better system other than a shoot through thats what martin needs to bring back.

Lung Buster
04-06-2012, 02:46 PM
What ever happened to the ccs they came on the pro series bows in 2010 and 2009 did they have problems with those?

bfisher
04-06-2012, 04:09 PM
everybody always trys to change the cable slide and they always come back to the standard cable slide. I dont think there is a better system other than a shoot through thats what martin needs to bring back.

We've been saying this on a thread on AT asking Terry to bring back the Nitrous X cams for over 3 years and it's fallen on deaf ears or blind eyes. There are people who can find all kinds of faults with the X system, but I happen to think that most of them can find fault with anything and have probably never shot an X cammed bow to an extent to learn its' virues. To me and many others that have most are of the opinion that the Nitrous X was one of the best cam systems ever devised.