PDA

View Full Version : I'm back

m gardner
07-15-2007, 09:46 AM
I had a bad injury 10 years ago and haven't been able to hunt with a bow since. I always try to draw the bows when I go past the archery counter at Sportsmans Warehouse or Bass Pro Shop. One day I picked up a bow and I tried to draw it and I did! So the nice young man there at Sportsmans Warehouse in Grand Junction setup a Martin Jaguar and got me shooting it. At first when I was tired I had to use my chin to help draw it but now it's a piece of cake and I'm shooting well out to 50 yards. I shoot daily now and have put 4000 arrows through it. I have a 9 yard indoor range for when I can't get to the real range. This little bow is fast and as I learn new things about it, it has become easy to tune and shoot. I've found some Utah bucks that are in serious trouble. Her's some photos of me and the bucks.Thanks.
Mark

AlaskanBowhunter
08-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Good deal. I have a Jaguar myself. I had shoulder surgery earlier this year and Bought a Bear Instinct right before. Well, I'm still having trouble shooting the Bear. So, I started shooting my Martin and I'm loving it. It's a great bow! Good luck w/ those bucks.

Scott

m gardner
08-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Scott, I got one! Here's a picture of the Droppy Buck too with mature antlers, and a decent colorphase bear. Nice bow. Shot this buck at 40 yards and he went 75 yards and fell.
mark

AlaskanBowhunter
08-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Congrats. My buddy and I have been out bear hunting twice in the last 2 weeks and came home w/ nothing but some moose sheds and good memories. Moose season is about to open soon. So, all the moose sign is a good thing. I just picked-up a 2007 Martin Bengal. It's nice. But its gonna have to share time w/ my Jaguar. I'm just not ready to give it up yet. And no one says I have to...lol.

csinclair
03-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Wow,
These pictures are amazing! Really makes me wish I didn't have to work so much, and could spend more time in the bush with my bow.

re: I have a 9 yard indoor range for when I can't get to the real range.

I've been looking to set something up indoors / close to home, for the days when I can't get out to the 'real' range too, sometimes it's just too snowy to shoot in the back alley, too many lost arrows. Any tips or pointers for setting up something like this in small spaces indoors?

Thanks in advance,
Craig

Bubba101st
09-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Very nice. I also have a bad right shoulder. The Martins are the easiest on it when drawing back so that is what I shoot. As for hunting, I am leaving the 7th for elk and the 21st for deer. good luck to all.

dlriggins
02-13-2009, 08:00 PM
welcome back to the sport
hope to see another pic of each of those deer hoisted high in a tree

jdkillson
08-07-2009, 04:23 AM
hey Gud work
Enjoy...!!!

ArthurJefferson
09-29-2009, 02:38 AM
Congrats!!Welcome back..:)

EneseNox73
11-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Just got back from my first two classes of the semester. The girl that lived next door to me when I was eight is in one of them. Strange, but not unpleasant.

Teweede09
12-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Sorry for being invisible, life has been "interesting" the last few months. Between working long hours and having serious health issues heart, I have been untouchable. But, I am working my way back into life, and this is a big part of my life.

So, now you will have to put up with me more often. To the new folks, howdy and we will get to know each other. To the spammers getting onto this board, **** you I am kicking you as fast as I can.

Animal

FireHawk Owner
10-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Nice Pics..

Harrison
10-19-2010, 11:40 PM
hello . . . !!!
i am new in this forum . . . !!!
congratulations nice hunt !!!

Harrison
10-22-2010, 11:32 PM
no body welcomes in this forum :(

neil2589
10-23-2010, 07:34 PM
I would like to share my life's ups and downs to you guys..I know hunting is the real thing in this thread..And in my hunters point of view those pictures that were posted here give justice to your hunters blood guys. I too would love to go hunting and experience the real thing.But for me now the real thing is me and my partner are back in each others arms. Isn't that good to know..Goodluck guys..

elkslayer4x5
10-25-2010, 10:42 AM
no body welcomes in this forum :(

Hi there Harrison, Welcome to the forum. Tell us what bow you shoot, and since this is in the hunting section, I'd guess that you hunt, what's you favorite game animal? :)
You might take a few minutes and fill out your personal profile so we know more about you. Where do you live? :D