PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in 2012?

Destroyer
08-14-2011, 10:40 PM
I would like to see the return of the Warthog or another 35" ATA bow, CCS, riser mounts for quivers, standard stabilizer bushing and the Shadowcat grip on more bows.

peace
08-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Bows with a liquid draw and release and arrows that impact exactly where I will them. Hope that isn't too much to ask? :cool:

Smarten Up and Martin Up

bfisher
08-15-2011, 03:55 AM
Just for starters I'd like so see Nitrous X cams with draw characteristics of the Cat/Nitro/Hybrix cams. The option of a wooden grip on most of the risers would be nice. Less emphasis on 32" bows.

Simple Life
08-15-2011, 04:47 AM
Same with been said,like to see more 34" ATA,more grip options.Would also like to see a dual STS system.Would also like to see a rotating draw mod instead of individual draw mods.

Sharxfan
08-15-2011, 04:47 AM
The CCS for the Onza would be nice. Also a top spot for dual string stops.

pizzadave
08-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Id like to see a new style ccs/Trg combination, solid riser vs.3 piece, maybe some new string options.... Hammerheas r a fine string, but it'd be cool to choose what color u want. And my last request, even tho it doesnt really matter to most, I'd love to see some nice looking Martin apparel .... I like to represent that I shoot a martin, and all there is out there for stylish apparel are some big names....

HawgEnvy
08-15-2011, 06:57 AM
i would like the risers to have provisions for dual STS,id like to see a couple styles of custom wood grips,and a set of generic wood side plates to be included w bow along w the rubber grips. different camo options(predator,woodland camo), Barnesdale limbs(IMO,they seem to be quieter on all the bows ive shot with them on) standard on all Martins, all limbs reinforced with the ability to switch between single or dual cams w/o having to swap limbs. the option of any bowin the line up available w split or solid limbs. more riser designs that are as sexy as the Shadowcat.

elkslayer4x5
08-15-2011, 06:58 AM
I'd like to see the return of Nitruos cams, and elite limbs.

madlaz
08-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Like to see 38 ata with nitrous cams with shoot thru systen that looks as good as shadow cat dual sts that draws like butter with barnsdale limbs hope its not to much to ask for

NY_Bowhunter
08-15-2011, 08:59 AM
This has got to be the most realistic group ever!!! Not one person has mentioned more speed!! That's awesome!! I too would like to see a smooth drawing bow with a 34"-35" ata and a changeable grip to accommodate more people in one bow. All too often you see people choosing another bow in the line up because of the feel of the grip. The bow has everything they want otherwise. I'm not familiar with all of the cams that Martin has had and the ups and downs of them, but I do like the CAT cams on my Slayer X. A more reliable limb design would be awesome!! I haven't shot my Slayer X with the new limbs yet, but I think Martin may be on the right track with the limb designs.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-15-2011, 11:22 AM
I would like to see less problems with the bows. Tgr, limbs, risers etc etc. :rolleyes:

Hutch:cool:

HawgEnvy
08-15-2011, 11:41 AM
I would like to see less problems with the bows. Tgr, limbs, risers etc etc. :rolleyes:

so much for being "the most realistic group"... you just shot that one down, Bill.:p

MLN1963
08-15-2011, 11:58 AM

You beat me to the punch and with much more reserve. :cool:

gravedigger
08-15-2011, 12:04 PM
i want to see the bengal agin in the line up

Simple Life
08-15-2011, 03:02 PM

x4................

wscywabbit
08-15-2011, 03:40 PM
I'll say it "MORE SPEED"! LOL/JK

Personally, I was/am pleased with Martin's 2011 showing. Did they have some issues, yes. But those are growing pains that come with new designs and technologies. Frusterating, I know, but they're pushing the envelope and developing new ideas. Everyone is trying to make these bows as efficient as possible and I'm glad I'm not an engineer! They brought out an entirely new linup and riser designs for 2011, they'd be hard pressed to do that 2 years in a row...

Realistically, I'd like to see them make a few tweeks to what they've got, and dump most of their focus into quality control. I don't think they would have had as many problems if they'd paid more attention to detail on what was going out the door. I haven't had any problems with my bow, but I wonder if that's because I tore it down, put it back together to spec with an OCD type of attention to detail before I ever shot it. Or I may just be lucky so far and it will blow up in my tree stand when it counts lol.

polaris754
08-15-2011, 04:32 PM
i would like to see a ridge hunter in my case for one [dreamin ] all the best arrows i can shoot just a thought

Arrow Splitter
08-15-2011, 04:51 PM
i want to see the bengal agin in the line upThe Bengal is still in the lineup, just renamed Ridgehunter.

madlaz
08-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Sonny i have a chrome finished scepter black limbs with black accesories awesome bow with large furios cams with shoot thru system will never sell it just shoots to good sometimes older is better than new .

Ford
08-16-2011, 05:38 AM
I want no more trg in 2012, no more sos. I want the return of the sts system, maybe a double mount if possible. Hole in the back of the riser for all series of bow, not just the top of the line. Metal cam modules, no plastic, and a better grip. Maybe wood I dont know, but the leather on my saddelback grip slipped off in 300 shots.
And like hutch said, no more warranty issues, no more problems, just smooth drawing, quiet, and moderatly fast bows.

whman
08-16-2011, 06:39 AM
I'd like to see the return of the beautifully simple but elegant riser of the 2010 Warthog but with limbs that will truly be dependable and deliver the promised speed. This along with hardware that works as designed (I had hardware frozen in place in the riser). I still say that Martin had the best feeling bows out there.....at least of those that I tried out. Don't know about the 2012's.

NeilMac
08-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Some different target colour options and anodised finishes like they had back in the late 1990's.

Scott
08-16-2011, 12:20 PM
World Peace, every one with their tummy's filled. Obama GONE, and a Government for the people, not screwing the people. And special interest groups sent to the South Pole.

Bowhunter_IL_BT
08-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Id have to say an improved TRG for sure. Im sure this is in the making. I hate to bring up Mathews but maybe Martin should try using the little dual string suppressors like they do as well.

Arrow Splitter
08-16-2011, 04:33 PM
I'd like to see the return of the beautifully simple but elegant riser of the 2010 Warthog but with limbs that will truly be dependable and deliver the promised speed. This along with hardware that works as designed (I had hardware frozen in place in the riser). I still say that Martin had the best feeling bows out there.....at least of those that I tried out. Don't know about the 2012's.I agree with you 100%. I really liked the looks of the Warthog.:cool:

Ehunter
08-16-2011, 05:25 PM
I would like to see Martin get it's act together, and not show bow configurations in their catalogs that aren't available. For instance all the Skulls camo bows that came out with black or carbon limbs, but were shown as Skulls limbs in the catalog. I'd like to see more quality control and have every bow that goes out the door meet very specific standards. A 70# bow should be 70#, not 68, or 73. The ATA, BH, and draw length should be right, not kinda close. Anything in their catalog should be available for purchase, not just most things. (Try buying a new VEM online) I'd also like to see Martin take the initiative, and publish realistic speeds on their bows. Martin needs to be a leader, not a "let's just keep up with everyone else" company. As for bows, I'd like to see a bigger difference between the Pro series and the Gold series. That, or just get rid of the series, and offer them all as one. Martin Pro bows. More attention to detail, and more quality control would really set Martin apart from everyone else.

HawgEnvy
08-16-2011, 07:45 PM
id also,more than anything,like to see Martin let us guys from the tech forum run things for awhile so we can have Martin giving the "Big 4" a run for their money. im all for exceptional customer service,but why not put a boot in the asses of R&D and QC, and put out a superior product that doesn't rely so heavily on great CS. look at the bows these "baby" companies(Athens,New Breed,Strothers,Elite) are putting out. Martin bows are great. But 60yrs in business and their product is a significantly lower quality than the newer companies.

and how bout they get some decent sales reps that WANT to promote Martin and WANT to get the product in the hands of the archery community. my local pro shop,the only one ill deal with, CANNOT get a return call from Martin or the sales rep to place an order. and they're a pro series dealer! but...the day i bought my new release,the PSE rep was there to swap out all the factory limb silencers because they were made with the wrong mixture of rubber and it would cause the silencers to last only 3yrs instead of 5yrs. YES,I'M SERIOUS! i couldnt believe it. THAT,IMO,is what would make a difference for Martin. Care and concern for the product they produce,and actually getting it into the hands of potential customers.

ok,sorry,rant ended.

DeanRM
08-17-2011, 08:59 AM
An ILF recurve, with short, medium and long limbs, and risers from 17" to 25". Wood and aluminum risers. Maybe it could be in the Rytera lineup!

Jake-the-snake
08-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Attention to detail for one. dump that god awful TRG. Get some anodized finishes, and how about a slimmer Slayer X? keep the thing around 37" A2A, but put it on a diet. Bring out some sort of "X" system. As it is far superior to any other cam system for target archery.

Conan
08-17-2011, 06:31 PM
I'd just like a 35"+ ATA, bridged riser available with 80lb limbs. Or at a pinch the nemesis with 80lb limbs ...

peace
08-17-2011, 07:46 PM
There are some really great potentially profitable ideas here. I know we are only arm chair quarterbacks here but I sure would like to see some of these ideas implemented. There is a sincere desire to see Martin stay a constant force in the market place. No question. Hope to read some more.

Smarten Up and Martin Up

Destroyer
08-17-2011, 11:01 PM
bridged riser available with 80lb limbs.

80lbs? Hunting buff mate.... ;)

anodised

Yes, yes and YES!!! Better looking imo and last well.

And special interest groups sent to the South Pole.

Lol! Don't see it happening yet, maybe 2015 or so......

no more warranty issues, no more problems, just smooth drawing, quiet, and moderatly fast bows.

Agree, its all we need. I think the speed has got to a 'good enough' stage.

Destroyer
08-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Would also like to see a rotating draw mod instead of individual draw mods.

Would be very nice.

yep, polished hardware.

Even nicer. My cat would look so much better and I could use the reflection to blind other shooters....... ;)

pizzadave
08-18-2011, 02:19 AM
In my late daydreaming night of work I think I thought of the new Trg for 2012.... create an aluminum rod system similar to the Trg as far as measurements and the angle of the guard. Then where the cables used to slide slide, machine a channel through the flat area and install a wheel on both sides of the split, running parallel with the Trg angle, and sharing a common axle between them. Install a bearing in the common axle that is snug in the channel to give the wheels smooth forward and back motion. If I could take this idea and make it a realization I think the result would be a smooth drawing roller system that would accommodate the torque issues as well as giving considerably less string wear vs. a sliding in a plastic Trg. I would imagine one could produce it with costs similar to a ccs. I have a visual in my head.....sorry if I went off in a tangent for this thread...... just a crazy idea I wanted to share and get input on.

jdduffy
08-18-2011, 10:55 AM
I would like to see a one piece shadowcat!!!!!!

NEMESIS(AKA)MARTINMAN1969
08-21-2011, 12:58 AM
I would like to see the return of the scepter also.
maybe the warthog also,but able to actually do advertised IBO speed.

Arrow Splitter
08-22-2011, 08:12 AM
maybe the warthog also,but able to actually do advertised IBO speed.x2 Another good point.
By the way, Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum.:cool:

A.S