PDA

View Full Version : Switching from trg to rod & slide

kylecurtis04
08-15-2011, 08:39 AM
So i got in touch with Martin & had them send me a rod & slide with the STS. I haven't had any problems with the TRG thus far, but I wanted the rod & slide in case something was to go wrong then I would have it ready to go & replace. I noticed that they sent a brand new set of strings & cables with it. Has everyone who switched to the rod & slide also received the cables as well?

Bromz
08-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Yes i recieved strings as well. Pro shop isnt open till tomorrow so havent had it changed out yet.

Sharxfan
08-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Nope I did not get the strings or cables with mine. Maybe different types of bows require a length change?

HawgEnvy
08-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Yes i recieved strings as well. Pro shop isnt open till tomorrow so havent had it changed out yet.

tip: no pro shop or bow press needed to change string/cables

Sharxfan
08-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Not sure if the OP has an Onza but the rod I got for mine has a step down on the riser side that is smaller in diameter than the rest of the rod so I am not sure that cutting the riser is the answer as the step down will hit the front of the riser. If you do have an Onza check and make sure first that the rod is to long to work for the STS. I had no porblem with mine being to long I just had to push the rubber down a bit on the rod and it worked fine.

Just as a side note the mounting spot for the Onza is more of a slot than a hole so drilling out may have bad consequences as far as bit wander while drilling.

wscywabbit
08-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Interesting, the slot for the rod on my Onza goes all the way through... did the transition happen at the beginning of the model release or later? I got mine in April...

Simple Life
08-16-2011, 03:16 AM
Still waiting on my parts,been over 2 months:(

j-bo
08-16-2011, 05:13 AM

And you didn't call back? Shoot.. could be lost in the system, lost in the mail, or some other issue.

I def. am not going to just wait on mine. I expect them to be here in a week or less. If not, I'll call! Hunting season's too close.

wscywabbit
08-16-2011, 06:08 AM
Don't get confused. The hole or slot for the TRG on the Onza goes all the way across the riser. However, the lower hole or slot for the standard STS is not. At least not on the one I have hanging in the shop.

Ahhh, I see. I don't know that I ever really paid attention to the lower channel.

Man, I would be making some noise!

Sharxfan
08-16-2011, 06:38 AM
I would call back Simple they had my parts out to me in less than a week. Maybe it got lost in the shuffle.

Simple Life
08-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Problem is my shop is not ah,lets say Martin dealer,but he treats me real good,and he goes through the main Martin shop for Canada.What he was told was Martin is having a bit of a time getting all the new parts out for the replacement.No problem,because I am waiting till after hunting season to do the change,it is all tuned and really don't want to mess with it so close to season,but it would be nice to have the parts just in case.