PDA

View Full Version : Martin EXile

djmartin1977
08-15-2011, 11:47 AM
I bought a Martin Exile on saturday and I am extremely satisfied with the performance and the ease of sighting in the bow The only thing I di not like was that the bow did not come with a string stop but what I want to know if the one that Martiin has for sale on their website will fit my new bow but besides that it is a great bow and extremely quiet

bfisher
08-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Hey DJ, welcome to the forum. And congrats on your new bow. I don't know if the riser is drilled on the back side for an STS, but you should be able to attach an SOS to the TRG rod. However, before ordering one I'd advise you to do more research. There have been some issues with both the SOS and the TRG. Read more on this site and ask any questions you like.

IMO, if the riser is not already drilled for a low mount STS then I would just get an aftermarket front-mount model. That way it'll fit this bow and any other should you upgrade some day.

gravedigger
08-15-2011, 05:41 PM
for sure the exile is not taped for a STS front mount.welcome to the forum

djmartin1977
08-15-2011, 06:28 PM
It does have the hole drilled out for the low mount sts but it doesnt have the set screws in the side of the riser

MLN1963
08-16-2011, 07:04 AM
It does have the hole drilled out for the low mount sts but it doesnt have the set screws in the side of the riser

I think Sonny ran across that on a bow as well? The holes might have been there, just not threaded.

Sharxfan
08-16-2011, 07:33 AM
On my Onza the slot and screw holes were there but no screws. When I got the STS from Martin the screws were in the bag with it and they went right in with no issue.

After rereading the post can ou post a pic of the lower part of the riser? The Onza has a slot in the side of the bottom riser for and STS. You may have to go with a String stop that uses the front stab hole to mount.