PDA

View Full Version : i really have a prob with all the bad rap

polaris754
08-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Guys I hope u all agree , if i see one more bad rap on martin bows I am gonna puke!!!!!!!!! IMHO u go to AT everyone is wackin at martin in one way or another, and even a few that get a little hot under the collar here , IMO all bows can give all the same problems and then some , I had a problem with the limbs on mine when i got it BUT IT WAS PROBABLY DRY FIRED IN THE STORE BEFORE I WOULD BET STEPPED ON OR WHAT EVER, DANG these r great` bows I dont have any problem with mine other than operator error , and at that If ur a speed freak u get what u deserve I u max it out AND WACK CRACK THANK U MAN !!!!!!!! is what u end up with , all said and done Martin seems to always take care of there customers and thats a given , how about the time u took ur vcr back and the guy said its 2 days out of warranty and theres nothing he can do , u all have heard that as well as I , SO dang I hope folks can lay off the martins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this has been a public service warning THANK U

Jake-the-snake
08-16-2011, 03:36 PM
a couple years with bad limbs will get ya that...but it seems martin has fixed that, they have a few more things to work on, but im confident they will make a good return...If people wanna downplay a manufacturer, let them do it, there isnt one bow out there that is better than another

peace
08-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Tires go flat, concrete disintegrates, mountains crumble, and World Trades Centers topple, in general, things do fall apart. I am very suspect of bows that hang on racks. Compound bows have problems. Some compounds have more problems than others, some users have more issues than others.

Thankfully I haven't had the equipment malfunctions that others have experienced. Maybe my bow isn't new enough, oh well.

Smarten Up and Martin Up

Ehunter
08-16-2011, 04:36 PM
The reason they are always slamming Martin bows is because they need to feel better about spending twice as much on a bow that can't outshoot a Martin. It's like buying a Porsche that can't outrun or outcorner a Ford. You gotta say something bad about the Ford. To me, it all just sounds like buyers remorse. lol

Rangerj
08-16-2011, 04:46 PM
I hate the Martin Basher's also.I had a broken limb after only 39 days of use (new bow) but Martin took care of me in a very short time.Things happen.I am a devout Martin fan.

Arrow Splitter
08-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Just put a string on a tree limb, and go shoot some arrows.:cool:

Speedykills
08-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Thats why i shoot Ross now..................:p:)

pizzadave
08-16-2011, 05:48 PM
I actually got sick of the bashing on AT, so I left... I don't really go on there much anymore. As far as Martin bashing locally... we have three bigger sporting goods stores here. One is now closing cuz of poor service and high prices (wholesale sports), also have a Gander Mountain, and a Scheels. I now go to scheels for all of my archery needs because for one, they don't bash my cheap cheetah, and two....they do all work for FREE. I have been to Gander, and they wanted me to trade in my bow and get a bow madnesss... they kept telling me all the problems with my Martin bow, and how it was SOOOO slow compared to the PSE.... anyways..... I got bashed at Wholesale Sports when I was in there attempting to buy arrows, and bow parts. Opened up my bow case and instantly it wasn't good enough, compared to the employees Athens bow. He actually had me shoot his bow to see how much better it was. Yeah, it was a great bow, but came with a $750 price tag for a bare bow... I shot about a 2 inch 3 arrow group at 15 yards with the Apprentice.... then I took my Cheetah out and damn near robin hooded my 3rd shot. I put back the $175 worth of stuff in the cart and went down to scheels and bought all that stuff. Bottom line is they had some rough, cheap parts on their bows in recent years. People will blow that up, and the last 58 years don't matter. Hey..... My limbs broke, and so did my cam module, and I couldn't tell you how amazingly impressed I was with Joel and the Martin CS. Now it is shooting like a whole new gremlin, and I love my Martin!

Ford
08-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I havent been on AT much, but have heard they get pretty nasty over there. But there seems to be merit to people having complaints about martins, we all see it here, and a large portion of us have had manufacture defects that cause us to be out of archery for weeks on end. We also end up spending more money then we should to fix the issues. I was new to archery and had trg problems with my martin that turned into a big headache. Martin did fix it but I spent money on labor, my 330 dollar bow turned into 400 when all was said and done, with wasted sos parts and everything else. People complaining could be like me and think you pay for something it should work without issue. All bows have problems, but martin seems to be having a ton of problems with their design and manufacturing. Its horrible to see a great brand going down hill and that concerns me. So I agree and disagree with you, I see merit in their complaints, but people dont have to be nasty and hateful about it. We are all entitled to our opinions. I shoot a bowtech now, but I love this forum, and the guys here are great, almost good enough to try another martin.....hahahahaha.

NY_Bowhunter
08-16-2011, 09:38 PM
now ... what if, someone on here said "My Martin is better than yours!!"?? Does that count as Martin bashing?? Would it cause severe Martin envy and could the offended party develop a complex?? Another question, does Joel also offer counseling for offended Martin owners if such an event should occur?? I'm just curious 'cause I may need to contact Joel in regards said counseling due to the signatures I see on here. I feel inadequate and envious myself as I only own 1 Martin bow and no Rytera's .... :( (and someone used the Walmart Staff shooter sig too!!!)

Simple Life
08-16-2011, 11:37 PM
now ... what if, someone on here said "My Martin is better than yours!!"?? Does that count as Martin bashing?? Would it cause severe Martin envy and could the offended party develop a complex?? Another question, does Joel also offer counseling for offended Martin owners if such an event should occur?? I'm just curious 'cause I may need to contact Joel in regards said counseling due to the signatures I see on here. I feel inadequate and envious myself as I only own 1 Martin bow and no Rytera's .... :( (and someone used the Walmart Staff shooter sig too!!!)

LOL,:D That is funny NYB.

j-bo
08-17-2011, 05:09 AM
I havent been on AT much, but have heard they get pretty nasty over there. But there seems to be merit to people having complaints about martins, we all see it here, and a large portion of us have had manufacture defects that cause us to be out of archery for weeks on end. We also end up spending more money then we should to fix the issues. I was new to archery and had trg problems with my martin that turned into a big headache. Martin did fix it but I spent money on labor, my 330 dollar bow turned into 400 when all was said and done, with wasted sos parts and everything else. People complaining could be like me and think you pay for something it should work without issue. All bows have problems, but martin seems to be having a ton of problems with their design and manufacturing. Its horrible to see a great brand going down hill and that concerns me. So I agree and disagree with you, I see merit in their complaints, but people dont have to be nasty and hateful about it. We are all entitled to our opinions. I shoot a bowtech now, but I love this forum, and the guys here are great, almost good enough to try another martin.....hahahahaha.

I agree. "Most" of the time, if there are numerous complaints, there is merit to them. I see a lot of "but their customer service is great". That is great, but I'd rather see, "I don't know how their customer service is because the bow works as it should".

This is my 1st Martin bow. I was sold on the TRG/SOS design, low price for the speed, and I was about to buy a Martin 10yrs ago (bought a Hoyt instead) as I liked how it felt then.

Now, I haven't even set up the bow yet as I'm waiting on cable/slide/STS. I didn't want to take the chance that the TRG would cause any problems and a cable/slide is proven. I still like the idea of the TRG and hopefully they will fix the issues with it. I should of just been able to purchase the bow, set it up, and start shooting. Am I bashing? No... I should of done more homework before my purchase, so that's on me. I'm still excited to shoot this Silencer as I think it's going to be what I wanted and hopefully will be with me for at least the next 10yrs.

elkslayer4x5
08-17-2011, 07:02 AM
The reason they are always slamming Martin bows is because they need to feel better about spending twice as much on a bow that can't outshoot a Martin. It's like buying a Porsche that can't outrun or outcorner a Ford. You gotta say something bad about the Ford. To me, it all just sounds like buyers remorse. lol

Amen, brother.

Paradox
08-17-2011, 07:47 AM
I've owned and shot Martins since the late 70's. Since then I've owned just about every other brand made but I keep going back to Martins. I think they give you a lot of bow for the money and always stand behind the product. I currently own a Rytera, a Jaguar (Compound) and a new Exile which I truly love. I don't bash other bows because I think they all are pretty decent.

gravedigger
08-17-2011, 10:42 AM
i dont bash bows,i bash prices

wscywabbit
08-17-2011, 11:19 AM
i dont bash bows,i bash prices

x2!!!! :d

Scott
08-17-2011, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=Ehunter;66147 It's like buying a Porsche that can't outrun or outcorner a Ford. You gotta say something bad about the Ford.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far. I have yet to see a stock (any year) ford beat a stock 86 Porsche 911. Hell even the C5 Vet will stay away.

peace
08-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Ford did stock way different then Porsche did stock based on their different distribution and marketing....and I have driven some pretty hot Porsche's in my time but I will take a Shelby 'Stang over a Porsche any day but then I will take back straps over Filet Mignon too... :cool:

Smarten Up and Martin Up

Destroyer
08-17-2011, 11:09 PM
The only reason Martin gets bashed is because of quality throughout for the last couple years.

Exactly, besides its not bashing stating the truth. If anyone here is in to FOSS, you can see the damage that the zealots have done to Linux. Everything is perfect so there is no need to fix anything, so all the issues remain protected by the fanboys. Say one bad thing against it and BOOM, they attack stopping any interest in fixing the problem.

I don't want to see Martin heading in the same direction.

Now, I haven't even set up the bow yet

:rolleyes:

peace
08-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Exactly, besides its not bashing stating the truth. If anyone here is in to FOSS, you can see the damage that the zealots have done to Linux. Everything is perfect so there is no need to fix anything, so all the issues remain protected by the fanboys. Say one bad thing against it and BOOM, they attack stopping any interest in fixing the problem.

I don't want to see Martin heading in the same direction. :rolleyes:

I use a few flavors of Linux mostly a couple of versions of Mint Linux and I have my wife running Ubuntu because I don't have to do anything but remember her passwords to support it. I am not familiar with the atmosphere you speak about in reference to Linux, in which distribution do you find these concerns?

I don't see the analogy of Martin Archery to a flavor of Linux, more like Macintosh to Matthews and Hoyt as Windows, LOL! :cool:

Smarten Up and Martin Up

Destroyer
08-18-2011, 02:35 AM
I am not familiar with the atmosphere you speak about in reference to Linux

I been using various linux's and tools and contributing since early 2001 and its always been an issue, but it depends on where you spend your time I guess.

in which distribution do you find these concerns?

Distro? Linux is a kernel not a distro. Its spread across all FOSS, not all FOSS is 'linux'. It could have been huge, now even MS doesn't feel threatened.

I don't see the analogy of Martin Archery to a flavor of Linux, more like Macintosh to Matthews and Hoyt as Windows

I agree with 'Mac to Mathews' and 'Windows to Hoyt', I just don't want see 'Martin to linux'. Broken, bloated, change for the sake of change..... oops sorry innovation, and a huge support base made up of deluded and very aggressive people.

Btw, I'm using good old XP until I cant use it anymore. Distro's like Ubuntu (lol!) and those based on KDE 4 like Slackware (sigh) have gone to bloated trendy looking desktops which I don't like. You get sick of fixing problems with the older desktops like Gnome 2 or KDE 3 so thats not an option either.

NY_Bowhunter
08-18-2011, 11:44 PM
I been using various linux's and tools and contributing since early 2001 and its always been an issue, but it depends on where you spend your time I guess.

Distro? Linux is a kernel not a distro. Its spread across all FOSS, not all FOSS is 'linux'. It could have been huge, now even MS doesn't feel threatened.

I agree with 'Mac to Mathews' and 'Windows to Hoyt', I just don't want see 'Martin to linux'. Broken, bloated, change for the sake of change..... oops sorry innovation, and a huge support base made up of deluded and very aggressive people.

Btw, I'm using good old XP until I cant use it anymore. Distro's like Ubuntu (lol!) and those based on KDE 4 like Slackware (sigh) have gone to bloated trendy looking desktops which I don't like. You get sick of fixing problems with the older desktops like Gnome 2 or KDE 3 so thats not an option either.

What's the draw weight of your Gnome 2??? I'm lost ............ can someone show me to the nearest bottle of Advil???

Destroyer
08-19-2011, 01:43 AM
can someone show me to the nearest bottle of Advil???

What the heck is Advil? :p

bfisher
08-19-2011, 02:58 AM

It's a pain pill. Don't you watch TV? LOL.

Arrow Splitter
08-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Btw, I'm using good old XP until I cant use it anymore. I'm using Vista on my laptop,:rolleyes: but most of the computers in our house are running XP.:cool: I hear that Windows 7 and 8 are supposed to be the best yet (8 is just an update to 7), but I don't have the money to find out right now.LOL

MLN1963
08-19-2011, 10:16 AM

The generic name is Ibuprofen. Advil and Motrin are two of the high dollar versions.

cyclepath
08-19-2011, 01:25 PM

Yeh, I have MS and I don't feel threatened at all !!

Destroyer
08-19-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm using Vista on my laptop,:rolleyes:

Actually don't mind Vista, came with a laptop but due to some of my old apps not working great I use XP on it. Vista isn't a lot different from Windows 7.

Yeh, I have MS and I don't feel threatened at all !!

Lol! :D