PDA

View Full Version : Hunting season is coming! What will you do to increase your odds?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-17-2011, 04:02 PM
What will you do to increase your odds this hunting season?

I have added a ladder stand and I will have a blind. Giving me more opportunity and better odds. Also I will be out and about a lot more.

Hutch:cool:

Rangerj
08-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Hope to get to hunt more this season. I tore a rotator cuff last year and it put a damper on my hunting and pulling my bow.But I am fixed (somewhat) now. ;)

Speedykills
08-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Already did my scouting so im good to go,now it's all about waiting.................:(

Double S
08-17-2011, 05:12 PM
I'll be using my Portable Trekking pole, groundblind. My Scent sticks, I'll be hunting the first day but have to take the first Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday off. I was called up to help teach Hunter's Education. The kids and adult Beginner Hunters come first.

Simple Life
08-17-2011, 05:34 PM
I was successful in our Doe draw:Dthat gives me a little more of a chance.Gonna try turnip for bait,and try to hold off on the apples till the bears are hopefully gone:rolleyes:2 more cameras on the way to put out in different locations to help with scouting.And hopefully we don't have the crazy wind and rain like last year.

HawgEnvy
08-17-2011, 09:16 PM
just waiting impatiently for season to start. scouting is already done.hopefully drawing a tag for public land antlerless. wont know till the end of this month. other than that,its just practice,practice,practice. ive always taken my quiver off for stalking,but its staying on this year so ive been practicing alot more to get used to it.

MLN1963
08-18-2011, 03:45 AM
Add bow hunting so I have more opportunity to get out there a few more times.

gravedigger
08-18-2011, 05:50 AM
insted of going up for a day or 2 on the weekends,im going for 10-12 days straight.i allways get on them elk but dont have the time to follow the herd,this year its on.i also got a new hunting partner so now maybe insted of walking 10 mph and 15 miles a day,we can slow down and listen to what out and about.i have no camo this year.going in jeans and a t-shirt

i went with mouth reeds for calls,and i am alot my comfy on my bow.

Stéphane
08-18-2011, 07:03 AM
Scouting again on Monday and bought camo gear. I got them at the army surplus. I can't believe how that stuff totally blends in at 30yards!

Destroyer
08-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Try practicing in the gear you will be wearing.

Speedykills
08-18-2011, 03:56 PM
insted of going up for a day or 2 on the weekends,im going for 10-12 days straight.i allways get on them elk but dont have the time to follow the herd,this year its on.i also got a new hunting partner so now maybe insted of walking 10 mph and 15 miles a day,we can slow down and listen to what out and about.i have no camo this year.going in jeans and a t-shirt

i went with mouth reeds for calls,and i am alot my comfy on my bow.

Hey if you need some camo i have these i dont use them anymore there XL large if want them pm me your address.

HawgEnvy
08-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Try practicing in the gear you will be wearing.

always do the last 2weeks before opening day. dress rehersal is excellent

MLN1963
08-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Hawgenvy

Empty your inbox/outbox I can't PM you. :cool:

Destroyer
08-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Can't do it here in full camo, where I practice people would probably call the cops on me. Don't know if they would think 'Rambo' or 'Terrorist' or just evil hunter. Sad really... :(

Sharxfan
08-18-2011, 06:31 PM
I am leaving the box stand this year. I am making a ground blind farther in the woods and I also bought a climbing stand so that I can be more maneuverable. I am also ging to be shooting earlier as I now have the Onza so hopefully will get out there before they go nocturnal. I also picked up another stand on a a pipeline that has had a lot of deer killed at it.

Scott
08-19-2011, 06:46 PM
What will you do to increase your odds this hunting season?

Hutch:cool:

Get off m lazy ass and hit the woods.

Money Man
08-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Well, I guess 1 thing I will not be using to increase my odds of venison in the freezer, a doe tag. Thanks NYS I guess I can start saving my preference points again.