PDA

View Full Version : broke release

gravedigger
08-23-2011, 07:21 AM
my buddys release broke yesterday.came right off the strap.stitching broke,jaws still attached to the d-loop.he made it to full draw and bam the stitching breaks.bow jumps out of his hand arrow goes who know ware then the release bends the wisker bissket in half bounces off and hits my buddy right in the four head.

he got a good cut on his head from it,with a few days left till opening day he is scared to shoot.i donk know what brand it was.must have been cheep cuz i seen no name on it.crazy stuff,just thought i would share

bfisher
08-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Well, hurry up and get him to the shop and get the bow set up with another rest. And buy a better release this time. He'll probably be a little gun shy but needs to get back in the saddle again. Any stitches in the forehead? Should be Ok. I don't even know the guy but can say this is the only time a head shot is acceptable with a bow. LOL. Wish him well for me.

Barry

cyclepath
08-23-2011, 02:37 PM
There's the perfect reason you are supposed to check your equipment. Had to be showing some kind of weakness. Hope he is alright though, get him a decent release and put down the poundage for awhile.

Destroyer
08-23-2011, 03:26 PM
What release? :confused:

gravedigger
08-23-2011, 06:53 PM
he is fine just a nice cut,he dont want a new rest.he bent his back and well the bow shhot the same,as for a new release he is going to borrow an extra of mine,it was a bit funny to watch.lol