PDA

View Full Version : prowler se w/ tru arc cams

krdfarm
07-18-2007, 06:44 PM
I have a prowler se with the tru arcs that has been giving me fits lately. Got some time recently to investigate a noise issue. It appears that the felt faced stop on the lenght module is actually sliding by the string contacting it ever so slightly as it goes past. This can't be good can it? The owner of the local bow shop where I bought the bow is very good, problem is he also very busy and sometimes wants to dismiss issues as being "normal" conditions when often I think they are not, but he has other customers waiting to be serviced. Any thoughts on where to start with this issue. Thanks in advance

jhunt414
08-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Your cam might be leaning a lot I know many people who have the same problem with their tru arcs I would try to adjust your cables and your cable guard to try to stop the cam lean. This is why They discontinued the tru arc, and why I hate hybrid cams. Because sometimes you just can't fix um.

bfisher
08-16-2007, 08:36 PM
I agree. The problem might be cam lean, in which case it needs to be repaired. If your shop man doesn't want to service it then contact Joel Carter at Martin and he should give you satisfaction.

Or it's possible that the cable guard is adjusted too far and the cables are being angled too hard. The guard is adjustable and you only need your fletching to clear the rigging. You don't need more.