PDA

View Full Version : New love.

Jake-the-snake
08-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Just got my '07 SlayerX in the mail today. And I know this has been said over, and over, and over, and over again. But why get rid of the Nitrous cams? I never shot them before, until today. Wow, these are honestly the best freakin' cams ever invented. and to boot it has the x-system. this is the most simple, yet most efficent cam system i have ever seen. Why change a good thing? As said by thousands before me. martin, please bring back the Nitrous cams.

I will post pics and results when the rest of my new target setup arrives.

bucknuts17
08-24-2011, 07:13 PM
congrats jake on getting one of if not the best bow martin ever made imo. i absolutely love mine 07 c cams 28 in draw 61# shoots 300 fps all day long i thourghly enjoy shooting it, thank you chris for giving me this passion i call slayer madness

Destroyer
08-24-2011, 07:33 PM
We have to wait for photos? :confused:

peace
08-25-2011, 03:53 AM

I guess, huh?

elkslayer4x5
08-25-2011, 06:27 AM

No way, mate, I'll post a pic for ya! :D LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/cnitrous.jpg

Sharxfan
08-25-2011, 06:29 AM
The cams may have been sacrificed on the altar of IBO speed along with a few missing chickens. Maybe if they had an IBO rating for awesomeness it would still be around.

Jake-the-snake
08-25-2011, 07:45 AM
the thing is, they arent all that slow of a cam by any means!
and im waiting for my stabilizer set to come in. hopefully by saturday i will have some pics up.

bfisher
08-25-2011, 07:50 AM
The cams may have been sacrificed on the altar of IBO speed along with a few missing chickens. Maybe if they had an IBO rating for awesomeness it would still be around.

I doubt very seriously that it was a speed issue. My first Martin bow was a 2004 SlayR w/ B Nitrous cams. It is (was) the only bow I ever had that would shoot an honest 300 fps, set up at 27" draw , 53# and shooting a 275 gr arrow. At 27.5" it shot the same arrow 308 fps.

To date, the best I have been able to achieve with the Cat/Hybrix cams is right at 280 fps.

I honestly think that it was pure economics. The Cat/Nitro.Hybrix cams only come in two sizes, 2.0 and 1.5 to cover all the draw lengths, whereas the Nitrous needed three sizes. Another contributing factor might have been that the back wall wasn't as solid because there was no draw stop. And think about. Back then Martin didn't have the limb problems that appeared with the Cat cams.

Jake-the-snake
08-25-2011, 09:39 AM
I actually really like the wall...its not too squishy, just right. Just the way the cam feels throughout the entire draw is what turns me on to it. smooth the whole way through.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Where are the pics huh! come on you can do better! PICS PICS PICS!!!!

HUTCH:cool:

Jake-the-snake
08-25-2011, 02:27 PM
AHH!!! Its killing me too! Im just waiting for my posten stabilizers to arrive! I couldnt post pics of the bow not completely setup, could I? that would just be teasing ;) Hopefully tomorrow they come in, otherwise I will post a sneak peek :)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-25-2011, 02:35 PM
alright! alright! I will wait. :(

Hutch:cool:

Destroyer
08-25-2011, 02:48 PM
No way, mate, I'll post a pic for ya!

Thanks mate, help somewhat lol! ;)

I couldnt post pics of the bow not completely setup, could I?

Sure you could.