PDA

View Full Version : Martin Slayer

shooter
07-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Next year I will be looking at new bows I recently own a Martin Bengal. Wondering if anybody knew anything good about the martin slayer extreme m-pro cam or the mag Nitrous cam. Thankyou:D

jhunt414
08-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I shoot a Matin Slayer Xtreme with the Nitrous cams. If you have form problems you might want to choose something with a biger brace height,but if you want speed and power across all arrow weights you want the Slayer. The Nitrous cam system is superior to all others and is super smooth with a nice valley in the end. Being a target archer I prefer 2 cams because it increases speed and acuracy if it is timed corectly and you adjust for cam lean.

bfisher
08-16-2007, 08:43 PM
If you ant my opinion I'd say the same about the brace height. As for the cam choice? I wouldn't waste the Slayer on the M-Pro cam. The M-Pro is a nice drawing cam, but the Slayer is a speed bow so go for the speed. The Nitrous has several advantages too. The one I like is that you can get the same speeds as the M-Pro, assuming the same setup, but do it at about 10# less draw weight.

One other thing with the Nitrous is that because it is a dualie there are two cables so all cam lean can betuned out of it. Of course the same can be said for any Nitrous cammed bow.

Right now I'm shooting the Pantera with Nitrous X and it's a sweetie.