PDA

View Full Version : Alien X,Nemesis

HawgEnvy
08-25-2011, 05:56 PM
do you guys know if the grips are the same on the two. ive got a chance at an Alien X,but no way to shoot iy. However,i have shot and still can shoot the 2010 Nemesis at any time. i remember i liked the Nemesis. so im pretty sure the AX will be right up my alley w a 31.5" Ata and hybrix cams. it'll save the hassle of converting the Cheetah to a dual cam...unless i change the Cheetah to the limbs/cams from the Mace

HawgEnvy
08-25-2011, 06:58 PM
any idea what year it is? waiting to hear back. also,is there supposed to be just one draw stop or two?

justin
08-25-2011, 07:14 PM
one draw stop.... dont think there is much of a differance at all between 09 to 11 alien x's and if i remember correctly the nemisis and ax have the same style grip but feel very differant on the shot, and the ax will feel alot differnt than your cheetah....... my ax drove me up the wall because i was used to my cheetah, and now i love it. if you can go shoot an ax i guess. mostly positive feedback on them i think. and havent heard of a blown limb yet on one.

HawgEnvy
08-25-2011, 07:32 PM
i can get used to the feel of the shot. IMO,the grip is the most important. it MUST be comfy and fairly thin. i like the thermal grip on my Chetah,but the thin grip like the Hoyt,Athens,HCA Iron Mace feel the best to me. i like a thin and narrow grip. nothing bulky,like Matthews wood grips. i hate those things.

I'm not worried about the limbs,either. they're Barnesdale limbs,just like the Iron Mace. they seem to be a quieter limb,also IMO.

justin
08-25-2011, 07:39 PM
well the grip is just the metal of the riser with wood plates in the grip panel. a 2010 thermal grip feels bulky by comparison. i belieive it is wider than the new 2011 saddleback though.

Destroyer
08-25-2011, 09:42 PM
do you guys know if the grips are the same on the two

Alien Nemesis has the saddleback grip while the X has the same as the Z.

droppixel
08-26-2011, 07:52 AM
what would be the reasoning to converting the Cheetah to a dual cam? There is a shop near me that has an AX in the store that I want to get over to shoot. Would like to see a Nem also. Might travel up to Cabela's this way to get a look/shoot the Onza also.

HawgEnvy
08-26-2011, 01:33 PM
what would be the reasoning to converting the Cheetah to a dual cam? There is a shop near me that has an AX in the store that I want to get over to shoot. Would like to see a Nem also. Might travel up to Cabela's this way to get a look/shoot the Onza also.

ive been toying with converting the Cheetah for awhile now. no real reason,really. i just really like the feel of the Cheetah and the short ata,and just think it would be fun and unique to have it dual cam. if done right,it could be a real shooter. it almost had a set of Nitrous C cams on it,but Brian(MartinMan) came along. ive been watching for a set of #9 EV2X cams from an Athens Ibex,also. It has the same ata and BH as the Cheetah and has an IBO 330+.

But,if I can find a short ata dual cam with a smooth draw,quiet,and decent speed,It would be easier to go that route.

droppixel
08-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Keep us posted on the conversion. I'd be curious to see how that shakes out.

Destroyer
08-28-2011, 03:12 PM
But,if I can find a short ata dual cam with a smooth draw,quiet,and decent speed,It would be easier to go that route.

Easier and safer, better all round. Less interesting for us though. ;)

Speedykills
08-28-2011, 05:15 PM
That used to be my bow,its a 2009 and only 1 draw stop.that was one sweet shooter,if it had 45-60# limbs i would still own it,guess the guy didnt like it to much,

bowgramp59
08-30-2011, 01:15 PM

i don't think you will see a nemesis or a alien x at cabela's . you have to get both through rytera or a rytera dealer . i have both and they are very good shooters, i also have an onza 3 it is a very good shooter , very smooth draw.

bowgramp59
08-30-2011, 01:23 PM
do you guys know if the grips are the same on the two. ive got a chance at an Alien X,but no way to shoot iy. However,i have shot and still can shoot the 2010 Nemesis at any time. i remember i liked the Nemesis. so im pretty sure the AX will be right up my alley w a 31.5" Ata and hybrix cams. it'll save the hassle of converting the Cheetah to a dual cam...unless i change the Cheetah to the limbs/cams from the Mace

the grips are totaly different on these bows, i like the grip on the alien x better than the nemesis but it ain't bad. you will love the alien x, they are perfect for shooting from a popup blind or tree stand.the main differanc between 09 & 2011 is the 09 has shims on each side of the cams where the 2011 is solid, less chance of cam lean .

Speedykills
08-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Did you ever get this bow!

HawgEnvy
08-31-2011, 07:11 PM
no i didnt. i bought an '09 Quest XPB32. has Elite Z cams on it and comes with the factory cams. its shipping tomorrow morning from AZ USPS Priority. Hoping to have it by Saturday,but probably wont see it til early mid next week thanks to the holiday:(

Destroyer
08-31-2011, 10:05 PM
USPS is very slow atm for whatever reason.

Speedykills
09-01-2011, 03:42 AM
no i didnt. i bought an '09 Quest XPB32. has Elite Z cams on it and comes with the factory cams. its shipping tomorrow morning from AZ USPS Priority. Hoping to have it by Saturday,but probably wont see it til early mid next week thanks to the holiday:(

Ya those are some nice bows,ross,quest,g5 seem to be one of the same as far as build quality not sure how that all came about.looks like a fast bow though.

HawgEnvy
09-01-2011, 05:56 AM
Ya those are some nice bows,ross,quest,g5 seem to be one of the same as far as build quality not sure how that all came about.looks like a fast bow though.

G5 IS Quest. Ross was building the bows,but had financial issues and were bought by G5/Quest. they took the remaing bows and put their labels on them. the QS series bows are the old Ross Cardiacs with different lables. the QS series bows were replaced with the Hammer,Smoke,and another that i cant remember right now. not sure whos doing what now,though.

they are very nice bows and awesome shooters. my brother has the QS33 that he was given as partial payment for taxidermy work. i shot an '08 Cardiac a few days ago at the pro shop,but couldnt close the deal. but i bought the XPB32 Custom off AT yesterday for $250 shipped. the grip on these bows feel very good.

droppixel
09-03-2011, 06:47 AM
i don't think you will see a nemesis or a alien x at cabela's . you have to get both through rytera or a rytera dealer . i have both and they are very good shooters, i also have an onza 3 it is a very good shooter , very smooth draw.

I know that the X and the Nem won't be there, there is a small shop near my house that I'll be able to check out. I just haven't had the time to get there yet.