PDA

View Full Version : Arrow Lifespan and storage

bob cooly
08-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Being the cheap guy I bought a couple of dozen more arrows on sale than I need. How do you guys store your carbon arrows. Where I live it's 109 degrees and probably close to that in my garage. Any concerns for arrows going south or should I bring them all inside?

Destroyer
08-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Mine get stored in a wardrobe with all the rest of my gear, I don't like them being constantly exposed to direct heat without ventilation.

j-bo
08-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Inside..under the bed is where my excess arrows stay.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-26-2011, 04:59 PM
If not fletched, lay them flat out of direct sunlight. Your garage will work - heat is one thing and direct sunlight is another. Don't wrap or bundle with rubber bands or that which would put pressure on them.

If fletched use something to support the majority of the shaft so the fletchings don't get bent.Good advice.

Hutch:cool:

Destroyer
08-27-2011, 02:42 AM
You can also make a holder for the arrows. Can be simple as drilling holes in the top of a box/crate/whatever to stand them up seperated. Sonny, I never have laid them flat, too much of a chance that someone will throw things on top of them lol!

MLN1963
08-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Since car hoods, brake rotors and so many other carbon fiber items are fine in the elements I would not be worried about them stored in the garage.