PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

danbow34
08-27-2011, 05:11 PM
So, I've been reading all the threads on the S.O.S. & T.R.G. issues. My Silencer is sighted in and shooting well but I can't help but think that I would be money ahead to just change it out for a cable rod and rear mount string stopper. Should I or is this just paranoia setting in? I've taken about 200 shots so far with no signs of wear but I'm also waxing the crap out of the cables.
Thanks for the welcomes.
Dan

Arrow Splitter
08-27-2011, 05:14 PM
If you see wear, then replace, if not, then keep shooting.:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-27-2011, 05:19 PM
If you are very concerned you can call Martin CS and they will send you a new carbon rod and glide and sts so when and if you need to change the trg you will have\ the rod already.

Hutch:cool:

danbow34
08-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Good idea Hutch, I hadn't thought of that. Thats what I'll do.
thanks
Dan

Sharxfan
08-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Someone said that they are asking for the TRG/SOS to be sent back now when they send hte rod and slide. Just be aware of this when you call.

j-bo
08-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Someone said that they are asking for the TRG/SOS to be sent back now when they send hte rod and slide. Just be aware of this when you call.

Yep..that was me. I got everything and the invoice says I have 30 days to return it or they will bill me for it. No problem with me though as I'm happy with the cable/rod/sts.

I was like you danbow....I just didn't even want to take the chance with hunting season about a month away. And I didn't even set it up or shoot it until I swapped things out.

Simple Life
08-28-2011, 02:33 AM
Yep..that was me. I got everything and the invoice says I have 30 days to return it or they will bill me for it. No problem with me though as I'm happy with the cable/rod/sts.

30 days,I been waiting all summer for mine, and if it shows up now,they will be waiting till after hunting season for it,I am not changing mine out this close to hunting season.

danbow34
08-28-2011, 06:02 AM
If time is going to be an issue then I'll buy the cable rod myself anyone know what lenght the Silencer rod would be? As for the string stop I was looking at an aftermarket one anyway.
thanks
Dan

Sharxfan
08-28-2011, 07:27 AM
I wouldn't worry about the time. I called Martin on a Monday asking for the rod and STS and I got it in the mail on Thursday.

j-bo
08-28-2011, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't worry about the time. I called Martin on a Monday asking for the rod and STS and I got it in the mail on Thursday.

Same here.