PDA

View Full Version : Ireane!!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Irene is now starting to rain on us. Keep us in you prayers. Who knows how bad it can be!!

Hutch:cool:

Money Man
08-27-2011, 06:43 PM
I was at my parent's house today and we left about 5:30 and it was raining. They are on the NY/ MA border. my hour long drive west got me out of the rain....for now. They are saying we could see 7-8" of rain Sunday. I always thought rain storms were better than snow because you don't have to shovel rain. Well this may be an exception. Good luck over there.

Double S
08-27-2011, 07:53 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to all on the East coast.

Destroyer
08-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Keep positive, keep safe. :)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-28-2011, 04:03 AM
Well it is raining heavy here and the winds are just starting. Here we go!!!!!!;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-28-2011, 06:36 AM
Raining heavier and wind is blowing a little heavier too!!!!

Ford
08-28-2011, 09:58 AM
hope your safe, be praying for you. We got about 6-9 inches of rain here in upstate ny/northeast pa.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks! We'll be praying for you as well.
Rain Rain GO AWAY COME BACK ANOTHER DAY!!!!!

bfisher
08-28-2011, 12:33 PM
It's over at my location. Not much damage. A tree down here or there, a lot of leaves and small limbs down. No flooding. Sun is shining and a nice breeze is blowing. Pretty near time to head out to the shooting range.

How are the rest of you guys?

Arrow Splitter
08-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Power went on and off earlier today, wind was extremely strong, and is still blowing, but at less speed. Rains seem be about over. Radar shows that the storm has moved into Canada. The Lord blessed, because nothing was damaged here.

A.S

Simple Life
08-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Heavy rain after lunch,now it is starting to get real windy.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-28-2011, 04:17 PM
We survived yesssssssss!

Sharxfan
08-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Glad you survived hutch and AS. The good news was the east side was in the ocean most of the time. The west side is the better side to be on as the storm has expended a lot of the energy already. I have been through about 5 of them and we left twice and stayed home for 2 that we were on the west side of so it was not as bad. After Rita I said that I was not gonna be without power again so I went and bought a 15kW PTO generator that will power everything but the AC units.

danbow34
08-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Glad to hear everyone is safe! My thoughts and prayers go out to all on the East coast.
Dan

Destroyer
08-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Yes good to hear. :)

Sharxfan
08-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Hutch, you guys need to watch the weather looks like a possible secod storm coming your way. The forecast models are showing a Atlantic/East coast track possibly. You can check it out on Stormpulse.com. That is the website I use to track this stuff and know where it is headed.

Ehunter
08-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Glad to hear everyone here made it through safely.

Money Man
09-02-2011, 06:48 PM
We survived. Lost power first thing Sunday morning, and just got it back about an hour ago (10:30 pm Friday night). Lost the end of our driveway Sunday in the rain, town came by an replaced the culvert and drain Monday morning. Went over to the neighboring town today to help clean up. The town had about 5 - 8 feet of water. You can see the water line in most houses about 5 feet up on the first floor. I have a guy I work with who lives over there and he had water to the ceiling on the first floor, had his motorcycle totaled in the garage, his car flipped over by the water, and he had a snowmobile trailer with a sled and ATV inside, and he does not know where it is now. All houses have significant damage. A lot of houses condemned. Still have a lot of roads and bridges closed, but we are surviving.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Wow sorry to hear that MM, But I am glad to hear you and your family are alright!

bfisher
09-03-2011, 10:07 AM
It's always sad to hear of all the possessions that are lost, but lost lives are even worse. THINGS can, in time be replaced. Knowing that you gave of your time and effort to help others worse off makes me proud to know you, even if it's just on the internet.

peace
09-03-2011, 10:12 AM
for Peace.... I'm just saying....

cjchasman
09-03-2011, 05:07 PM
It's always sad to hear of all the possessions that are lost, but lost lives are even worse. THINGS can, in time be replaced. Knowing that you gave of your time and effort to help others worse off makes me proud to know you, even if it's just on the internet.

X2 MM, be safe, stay dry and good work.

Money Man
09-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, I re-read my post and I guess I forgot to mention that there were no casualties (human) that I have heard about. A lot of farmers out there, so there are some missing animals and some people are trying to find there pets. 1 farmer lost 22 horses and is asking anyone that has small planes to assist if they can. He just wants to find out what happened to them. The actions of all involved were really good. They started evacuating the town early enough so that everyone got out safely. I talked to one guy who just packed an overnight bag since he still had power and the sump pump was keeping the water to a 1/4 inch in the basement. The main concern at the time was there is a NYC reservoir upstream from the town and if that failed the town would have been wiped off the map. Many people are helping out and it will be a long haul, but we will get through it. For anyone interested in seeing some of the pictures, here is a link; http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Photos-Storm-damage-in-Schoharie-County-2149047.php