PDA

View Full Version : solid colors for hunting bows

HawgEnvy
08-27-2011, 07:23 PM
well,being tired of all the camo,ive decided I want solid color bows for hunting. My Pearson and Cheetah are both black. The Iron Mace that I picked up for a project was Realtree Hardwoods green. It had alot of wear on the riser and was going to do it black also. Then I decided to do it in dark olive and leave the limbs camo. But when I went to wally world to get the paint,i forgot to take off my shades and ended up with flat brown(yuk). My wife started complaining that I don't listen to her(yapping)enough,and convinced me to listen to her for once(fine,whatever)and do a brown riser w camo limbs. I didn't like it at first,but it's growing on me. It blends amazingly well hanging on a tree limb. I think I'll do a 2 tone grey on one also.

pics required and on their way in the morning. So what are your opinions on solids?

Destroyer
08-27-2011, 09:47 PM
I really like solid colors and camo limbs/solid riser is good combination too. I would really like a all black bow, just not enough $$. :(

bigredhunter00
08-28-2011, 12:24 AM
if theres no pics it never happened lmao

SkyChi
08-28-2011, 01:50 AM
Solids are fine with me. Personally I believe camo is more for people than critters. As long as it's not glossy or reflective it's cool in my book.

Once drove all over the Memphis area with a friend looking for the perfect Hardwoods Green quiver to match his new Tribute. The one he had didn't have enough green in it to suit him. I still give him hell about that but at least he did buy lunch.

Arrow Splitter
08-28-2011, 05:03 AM
Just paint em white.:cool::p

peace
08-28-2011, 05:05 AM
talk about color without pictures? I like the solid earth tones for camo, a lot of this digital is great for humans up close but just fades to shades at a distance. I say just go with the shades. two and three shades seem to break up the best. JMHO

HawgEnvy
08-28-2011, 06:35 AM

HawgEnvy
08-28-2011, 06:55 AM
i took the opportunity while at the pro shop yesterday to run this bows twin through the chrony. shooting a Maxima 350 at 29"L w blazers and 100gr tip. bow set at 63#/28.5" DL three consecutive shots. reading were 291,291,292. not sure what the total arrow wt was,but IMO that smokin fast.

ive been toying with the Mace for a couple weeks now and am really enjoying it. very smooth draw w a slight hump before dropping into a nice valley. single draw stop giving a solid wall. it has a thin,narrow grip that I prefer in any bow. slight inaudible vibes at the shot w/o a stabilizer,with a Sims S-coil it vanishes, and no hand shock or felt recoil. the Iron Mace is just slightly more than 33" ata,7.5"bh,340fps IBO,HCA's Trinary cams and Barnesdale limbs,and 3.5# mass weight.

i would highly recommend this bow to anyone. even w HCA's bad CS reputation of the past owner,the new owner is bending over backwards to turn things around. i will be adding another High Country to my collection.

Stéphane
08-28-2011, 08:35 AM
100% behind you on that one. I have camo Bengal, because that was all that was available. My range finder is black, my arrows have pink and white vanes, so that tells you how much I believe in camo.

Destroyer
08-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Pretty quick bow Hawg. CCS looks familiar?

100% behind you on that one. I have camo Bengal, because that was all that was available.

Camo doesn't make a huge difference but some look very nice. As long as there are no reflections it should be ok regardless of the color, not sure about all white though.

Simple Life
08-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Think my next bow will be all black,just to change it up.

HawgEnvy
08-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Destroyer, an all white bow would do well here for late season. Michigan is know as the "winter wonderland". probably cause we start wondering if winter will ever end. lol4118

Destroyer
08-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Good point Hawg. We get the cold but not the snow in this neck of the woods. Looks real purdy! :)