PDA

View Full Version : Shoot Thru System Shooters?

deer dude
07-24-2007, 06:42 PM
a few questions for ya , is it possible to hunt with this system? seems like if you had bulky clothes on you could have problems. can you use a drop away rest with it,? my shop guy says he dont think so,so im putting my golden key on the new one. are the cams the furious cams or the nitrous cams? mine came in what looked like the top half of the bow was dipped in realtree all purpose green and the bottom half in all purpose grey,any body else ever seen this? any advise will help ,the thing looks kind of scary to shoot.:D

Deezlin
07-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Yes it is possible to hunt with this bow. I personally would put a spreader system on it. This will help with fletching clearance and minimize the arm clearance problem. I would use a arm guard, but the cable is moving up and down so if you do have any arm clothing contact it is not that bad or noticable. I shoot my slayer with a more open stance.

A Whammy rest would be the best for the shoot through systems. This fires from the up cable and does not cause the deflection of the cable at full draw.

jhunt414
08-16-2007, 03:26 PM
I own a Slayer with the X system and I use a free fall arrow rest on mine because it doesn't use cords but drops with the bows recoil. I do find that the cables sometimes touch my arm.

RobVos
08-22-2007, 08:00 AM
I have been hunting with a Slayr for the past 3 years.

I use the shoot-thru with no problems.

I had used Flex-fletch flp400 vanes with standard axles.
I just set up FOBs and they clear the cables, and I went to a Limbsaver drop-away rest. I keep the cord longer and tie it to the cable lower down it with no adverse affects.

jackjr
10-19-2007, 06:16 AM
I just got my Slayer X a while back but I'm definitely gonna hunt with it. I'm using a whisker biscuit and it works just fine. I shoot Beman Black Max's with Blazers and have no problem with vanes and they don't touch the cables. This is the greatest shooting bow I ever handled. If I had to use one word for the Slayer it would be SMOOTH.;) Second word would be FAST...:D

Jack

Elk4me
10-20-2007, 01:33 PM
I had one on a X System before never had a problem with it hitting my arm! You need to tie in a pice of D loop as a Bridge on the down cables like in the pic below!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/Elk4me/NosXBridge-1.jpg