PDA

View Full Version : Something different

CarlosII
09-02-2011, 08:51 AM
i shot the state IFAA shoot last weekend. 14 hunter round targets and 14 animal targets. nice change of pace. wish they had more field shoots nearer to me.

bfisher
09-02-2011, 11:23 AM
It's certainly more interesting than 3D shooting once you know what's going on. It's more about accuracy and stamina instead of a guessing game like 3D. So how did you score?

CarlosII
09-05-2011, 05:30 PM
well, Mr. Administrator, my score will remain a secret. suffice it to say that on the animal round i relied on the youthful eyes of a shooting partner who assured me i had cut the line on the moose, or whatever it was. zounds (there's a word we don't hear much anymore)! after we approached the target we learned that i did not cut the line. in fact i was at least 4 inches out. no second chance, just a big fat zero. otherwise i might have had a fairly decent score for an ol' geezer.

Sonny, what we shot was 14 of those black targets with the white dot on the 14 target hunter round. 4 arrows at each target with the longest shot being 70 yards. the animal round was 2d animal targets. might consider subbing the 3d targets for the 2d i guess.

i'm thinkin' of trying to set up a 14 station range just to see what the response is. if nothing else i can shoot it for my own fun.