PDA

View Full Version : Bengal Tuning Question

ROBruin
07-24-2007, 08:51 PM
I just finished paper tuning my new Bengal and shot a few at the target. It's dead on at twenty yds. I have one problem. It is set up with a NAP 2100 Drop away rest. It appears the bow is too fast for the rest, there is flethcing contact with the arrow rest. Is there any way to fix this, or do I need to get another rest? Should I look for something like a wisker bisquit?, the bow will be used for hunting. On the positive side, I've never shot a quieter, smoother bow. It's set at 70lbs, and arrow length is 29". Any advice would be appreciated.

RA

jackjr
07-26-2007, 10:20 AM
ROBruin, the only thing I can tell you is to set the drop speed increasingly faster until you get no fletching contact. Also most folks I know that use that rest use some moleskin on the vee to quiet the draw. Another thing is do you shoot with the cock vane up. This is another recommendation by those that shoot the NAP 2100.

Jack

Deezlin
07-30-2007, 10:04 AM
ROBruin, the only thing I can tell you is to set the drop speed increasingly faster until you get no fletching contact. Also most folks I know that use that rest use some moleskin on the vee to quiet the draw. Another thing is do you shoot with the cock vane up. This is another recommendation by those that shoot the NAP 2100.

Jack

I agree, the rest needs to be timed faster. I don't like a WB, but many use it for hunting and are quite good with them.