PDA

View Full Version : rifle trigger install

Ford
09-04-2011, 05:55 PM
So I just finished installing a timney trigger in a custom mauser 98, 6.5 remington magnum. Its been 6 months in process. I know that sounds ridiculous but let me explain. So I put the trigger in, not overly difficult, some minor inletting in the stock, push a pin or two out and reinstall and push a pin in. I do that and the trigger sticks and wont pull properly. So I play with it and play with it, and play with it. I go through every trouble shooting scenerio on the instructions and nothing works. Read everything on the internet and nothing works. This was 6 months ago. So I put it all back in the gun safe, and figured I would have to pay my gunsmith to figure out.
So today my subaru motor took a giant crap, and feeling helpless in not being able to fix it myself I went back to the mauser to have victory over something. Read the instructions again, and the very last sentence of the trouble shooting says "be sure that the trigger has play from side to side." well mine didnt, and I found it was binding on the slot in the trigger guard. So I got my trusty metal files out and starting taking away material a little at a time. And it worked! adjust the trigger down to 2 lbs, and it is silky smooth, and I am happy that I didnt have to pay my gunsmith. Never give up, keep at it. And if you cant figure it out, put it down and go back with a fresh look at it another day.
Theres nothing better then a job done right, and done for free by yourself. Not relying on anyone to fix your problem.

MLN1963
09-04-2011, 06:00 PM
I love it when a plan comes together!