PDA

View Full Version : Made in USA?

rbell420
09-05-2011, 03:03 PM
My 2010 Firehawk has a sticker that says "Made in USA", is the bow manufactured in the USA out of parts that are made in US or imported?:confused:

Destroyer
09-05-2011, 03:14 PM
All bows have some imported components, I don't think any bow manufacturer makes the e-clips, axles,etc. There was a good post on Archerytalk that explained what is needed to be classified as made in the USA.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Speedykills
09-05-2011, 03:21 PM
My 2010 Firehawk has a sticker that says "Made in USA", is the bow manufactured in the USA out of parts that are made in US or imported?:confused:

If im not mistaken i think there bows are made with part imported from Spain since the Martin name is spainish.........:p:o;

rbell420
09-05-2011, 03:52 PM
All bows have some imported components, I don't think any bow manufacturer makes the e-clips, axles,etc. There was a good post on Archerytalk that explained what is needed to be classified as made in the USA.

Thanks for the welcome. I guess I meant the main components.

Arrow Splitter
09-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I guess I meant the main components.Yes, Martin makes the main components in Walla Walla, Washington.:cool:

Welcome to the Martin Tech forum.

A.S

rbell420
09-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Yes, Martin makes the main components in Walla Walla, Washington.:cool:

Welcome to the Martin Tech forum.

A.S

that's cool. I'm getting kind of particular about my hunting and fishing equipment in my "old age".

rbell420
09-05-2011, 05:27 PM

Think I may have read part of it. Overall, I like the bow. It's fast 315fps, quiet and short axle to axle length, 30 inches. I hunt ground blinds a lot and length can be a killer. The hard part is finding a local dealer that has a descent selection of pro series bows in stock. Easy to find Hoyt and Mathews. Even Bow Tech. Martin is harder to find in western/central NY.

Destroyer
09-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Overall, I like the bow.

Good to hear. Hope to see a few photos of any critters you get with it. :)

Ford
09-06-2011, 03:47 AM
Neils archery in endicott ny carries martin. I dont know how long that will be, they seemed displeased with the 2011 line and the techs were pushing the owner to drop the line. I remember a few places in elmira and owego that carried them if that helps.

Montalaar
09-06-2011, 03:48 AM
If im not mistaken i think there bows are made with part imported from Spain since the Martin name is spainish.........:p:o;

lol.... In this case it would be something like Martinez or so...
Martin is a common name all over the world.

muzzleloader50
09-06-2011, 04:32 AM
insight archery in binghamton is a dealer for martin.but they do not seem to happy with them i had problem with a pantera 200 shots and the string broke draw lenght module bent cheap plastic. called neals they do not handle anymore to many problems.
gander mtn is also a dealer

Speedykills
09-06-2011, 01:44 PM
lol.... In this case it would be something like Martinez or so...
Martin is a common name all over the world.

Ya i know i was havin fun,kinda reminded me of a typical AT thread....................

rbell420
09-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks for all the dealer info. I wasn't aware that so many people were disappointed with the 2011 lineup. The only "problem" I see is that the bows tend to be getting longer axle to axle again. I prefer a short bow. Just my personal preference though.

skidge
09-06-2011, 04:32 PM
CNC archery in LeRoy NY carries martin bows and has for a while. Mike likes em and so do i

skidge
09-06-2011, 04:35 PM
martin had a prob with the trg manufacturer's material and has actually been shipping their bows with a standard cable guard and slide. if u do use the trg, make sure u sand smooth the mold marks in the center, that ridge will cut into ur cables.

rbell420
09-06-2011, 04:39 PM
CNC archery in LeRoy NY carries martin bows and has for a while. Mike likes em and so do i

Mike is a good guy. He sold me my Firehawk. Going to see him tomorrow to pick up 1/2 dozen arrows.