PDA

View Full Version : D-Loop Lower Knot Keeps Rotating

MLN1963
09-08-2011, 08:09 AM
I don't think this is anything more than an annoyance but just the same. The lower knot will spin around on the string while the upper not stays put. I have tried spreading it with a needle nose pliers, pulling on it and shooting it but it keeps slipping. Is there something I can do?

Sharxfan
09-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Super Glue. I did it on my D-loop and have not had a problem since.

Money Man
09-08-2011, 12:57 PM
When I was at the shop getting my string put back on, the shop owner tied the loop and used needle nose pliers to tighten them up, then he put the loop on the bow scale and pulled the knot on that while holding the string. I think he got the scale upwards of 100 lbs. My knots have not moved.

Destroyer
09-08-2011, 04:31 PM
MLN1963, can you take a photo of it? I have never have a problem with the loop turning and I just use my release aid to stretch it. What d-loop material and what serving do you use?

MLN1963
09-08-2011, 05:06 PM
I'll get a pic of it. I'm pretty sure it is BCY but what I don't know. Just asked for some d loop string and he cut some off a roll. It was a buck a foot is all I remember.

Arrow Splitter
09-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I think it's the operator.:p:D

polaris754
09-08-2011, 05:30 PM
could be your serving is twisting . take a peak at that good luc

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-08-2011, 05:35 PM
First is the center serving twisted in the same direction of the string if not, redo the center serving in the same direction. Make sure center serving is tight and consistent. Second wax the d loop well then install. I do many of them with no problems.

Hutch:cool:

MLN1963
09-08-2011, 06:55 PM
First is the center serving twisted in the same direction of the string if not, redo the center serving in the same direction. Make sure center serving is tight and consistent. Second wax the d loop well then install. I do many of them with no problems.

Hutch:cool:

All the above were done on installation. I will probably redo tomorrow after I test new arrows. I might need to make some changes anyway. Serving seems tight.

MLN1963
09-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Pics for Destroyer

Never realized how bad it looks zoomed in. LOL There are soft nocks there too.

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4225&d=1315526266

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4224&d=1315526257

Destroyer
09-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Looks like the knots are on the same side, there is your problem.

Never realized how bad it looks zoomed in. LOL

Looks very creepy lol! ;)

Arrow Splitter
09-09-2011, 02:09 AM
x2 That's it.
Looks like the knots are on the same side, there is your problem.

MLN1963
09-09-2011, 04:42 AM
Loops are not on the same side. Top side of the loop is over, lower side is under.

Under eye-ball magnification it doesn't look like that! LOL

Sonny, I made them big just for you! :cool:

So why is i moving?

Destroyer
09-09-2011, 05:00 AM
Looked like the melted ends are on the same side in those photos. :confused:

Here is mine.

MLN1963
09-09-2011, 05:09 AM
D

You are correct. I don't know how I managed that and had the loop on the opposite sides? :rolleyes: I bet if I fix that it will hold correctly!

That is why they say get an extra set of eyes on it. I have looked at that many times and never caught that. I just looked at which side the loop came off. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Edit: corrected the knot.

After hunting season I will replace the whole thing including strings and cables. I just don't want to mess with that 3 weeks out. I have too many other things going on.

MLN1963
09-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Well I just couldn't leave it alone. I took everything off and reserved it. I put the d-loop on without soft nocks this time. I wanted to be able to spin the d-loop up and down to fine tune nock location.

I made sure I really have the center serving tight. Between the new serving and new arrow nocks they are fitted just right.

Knocked the big stuff out today. Will finalize testing tomorrow.

Thanks for the help/motivation guys.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Good! hunting is just around the corner! Get that puppy done and go kill something.

HUTCH:cool:

Destroyer
09-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Happy to help. :)

MLN1963
09-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Happy to help. :)

Not only did you help you pointed out what a dumb *** I am! Thanks man. :cool:

MLN1963
09-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Good! hunting is just around the corner! Get that puppy done and go kill something.

HUTCH:cool:

I need to get everything tweaked for these new arrows and then do broad head testing. First I need to build a broad head target. Man, time is flying! I am taking a couple classes that involve a lot of reading and I am not getting any of the fun stuff done! Good thing archery season is 3 months long!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-10-2011, 02:59 AM
I need to get everything tweaked for these new arrows and then do broad head testing. First I need to build a broad head target. Man, time is flying! I am taking a couple classes that involve a lot of reading and I am not getting any of the fun stuff done! Good thing archery season is 3 months long!Ouch reading!!! I know I know you gotta do what you gotta do. Well I hope everything goes well. I didn't want to spend for a broad head target so I built one. The Grocery store has in the produce dept. foam containers that the grapes come in, I simply cut some up and fill the others with the sheets of foam. Then tape them together. They work slick. When they get too bad I throw them away. The are 20 inches wide and 24 inches high.

Hutch