PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my riser shifting

Don B
09-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Here are a few pics showing the line in the new paint job on my bow were the top and center is shifting.
Don.

Sharxfan
09-09-2011, 12:05 PM
It's kind of hard with the glare but I do see some breaks in the paint. Do you have before and after? Could the paint be breaking in a void that it previously covered?

gravedigger
09-09-2011, 12:58 PM
that has to be shifting.if the riser was solid and no movement then the paint would not have broke,but no doubt in my mind the riser is shifting...even if it may be verry little movement.no good.all that work and now ther are 3 pc riser marks.sorry to see it.

Don B
09-09-2011, 01:25 PM
I really wish Martin would have called me back yesterday or today, I must of left about half a dozen messages with them. Oh well maybe next week. I have the California State 900 Championships tomorrow at 9:00 am. Hope it holds.
Don.

Don B
09-09-2011, 01:28 PM
It's kind of hard with the glare but I do see some breaks in the paint. Do you have before and after? Could the paint be breaking in a void that it previously covered?

To answer your question.. I never noticed any shifting marks on either bows before. I always checked them on a regular basis and never saw anything untill I painted them.
Don.

gravedigger
09-09-2011, 02:02 PM
I really wish Martin would have called me back yesterday or today, I must of left about half a dozen messages with them. Oh well maybe next week. I have the California State 900 Championships tomorrow at 9:00 am. Hope it holds.
Don.

martin cs is closed on friday...still no excuse for them leaving ya hanging.i have a small bend in my idler wheel and i called about a month or 2 ago and still have had no call back

Speedykills
09-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Ya you can see a crack there,maybe the dipping proccess did something to it.Just be careful did you see where somebody died do to there bow coming apart,it was on AT.Be vary carefull,maybe wait till you can talk to martin.

Destroyer
09-09-2011, 04:43 PM
You need to draw fine lines across the join (crack) to see if its moving. I hope it isn't. :eek:

Don B
09-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks everyone. I will try calling Martin again on Monday.
In the mean time, when I get home after the shoot tomorrow I will post up some pics, if I remeber to take any...lol
Don.

Don B
09-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Sonny,
Sent ya a reply. I think that Testers model paint stays flexible, but if they think it will be ok I guess I have to go with that. I will still keep and eye on them anyways.
Thanks a tone, Sonny.
Don.

Destroyer
09-10-2011, 04:37 PM
I think that Testers model paint stays flexible

So not an issue with the riser but the paint? Like I said, draw a few lines around the join to see if it is moving. :confused: