PDA

View Full Version : Stands!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-10-2011, 06:19 PM
I just moved my ladder stand to a better location. I am able to shoot out to 70 yards. But not going to. I am hidden but able to shoot about 300 degrees. How many of you put your stand in a place where you are partially hidden

Hutch:cool:

HawgEnvy
09-10-2011, 07:24 PM
i hunt where the cover is whether its 12ft or 20ft. ive even hung a stand 6ft up in a good location cuz that's where the natural cover was.

droppixel
09-10-2011, 07:28 PM
I mainly use my climber, but I like to get where I have a good background to break up my silhouette. I do the same when I hang stands with my ol'man. We make sure there are 3 lanes or so of good shooting while the rest has a good background with either other trees or just a lot of branch from trees that might not be right up next to them.

Sharxfan
09-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Just scoped out my climing location today and I will be 10 ft up or more and there are trees behind and to the side of me to offer a break up of my outline.

Simple Life
09-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Last year I was in a spruce tree and hidden really well,but this year I moved my stand and will put camo netting up and around me.Also added a extra section of ladder so,about 14' up this year.