PDA

View Full Version : STS for Bengal

eelriver
08-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm thinking about going to a STS system for my Bengal. My questions:

* By removing the string leaches (26 grains total) and using the STS please give me a "ball park" speed increase I might achieve?

* I assume I can mount one onto my Bengal. Do I need the front or rear mount and how do I go about that?

* Am I going to be using the STS as a cable guard as well?

* Where is the best price????

Thanks in advance.

bfisher
08-13-2007, 11:48 AM
I've mounted an STS (homemade) on several of my Martin bows, but I shoot the X system and mount the rod where the cable guard rod would normally be.

I'm not so sure you can use the STS as a cable guard rod, though, as it is designed to mounted below the grip where there is a stabilizer hole, and it bends inward to the center of the string. It's just not designed to be used as a cable guard rod.

In any case if you want to use one then you'll need the front-mount model as there is no hole in the back of the riser to attach a rear-mount model. Because the string leeches are located closer to the cams any speed gain by removing them will be minimal--maybe 2-3 fps.

Although the STS is a pretty decent tool it's most effective on bopw with something less than parallel limbs. My home tests have shown that any results are pretty minimal with the Bengal and it's bigger brother, the Pantera.

Cost is usually about $40 the last I checked.

eelriver
08-13-2007, 12:22 PM
I've mounted an STS (homemade) on several of my Martin bows, but I shoot the X system and mount the rod where the cable guard rod would normally be.

I'm not so sure you can use the STS as a cable guard rod, though, as it is designed to mounted below the grip where there is a stabilizer hole, and it bends inward to the center of the string. It's just not designed to be used as a cable guard rod.

In any case if you want to use one then you'll need the front-mount model as there is no hole in the back of the riser to attach a rear-mount model. Because the string leeches are located closer to the cams any speed gain by removing them will be minimal--maybe 2-3 fps.

Although the STS is a pretty decent tool it's most effective on bopw with something less than parallel limbs. My home tests have shown that any results are pretty minimal with the Bengal and it's bigger brother, the Pantera.

Cost is usually about $40 the last I checked.

Thanks for the information......I pretty much got the same conclusion from the pro shop where I purchased the bow. They said, if you were going to an STS or similar system that it would'nt pick up enough speed to justify the cost, however it would help quiet the bow if I felt it was too nosiy. Again, it isn't $40.00 noisy.