PDA

View Full Version : no more fletching needed

gravedigger
09-14-2011, 10:43 AM
this can fit in the target or bowhunter forum so im puting it in the offtopic till this thread finds its place.check out this link and share some thought.im not to sure what to think about it...looks cool,idea is good but a lost arrow cost enough with out adding this to the price
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bGKG7ZuNsQ

Ehunter
09-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Neat idea, but that's gonna throw the FOC out of whack though. I think the Quick Fletch is a simpler and better idea. Adds less weight. Not to mention, you won't cry as much over cost if you lose an arrow. lol

gravedigger
09-14-2011, 11:20 AM
FOC was a concern i had but i wanted to try and find what this setup weighs in at,the sight gives no info as to the weight of the nufletch.and i really dont like haveing to screw it into an incert on the back,maybe with some 50 or 75grn weights up front it would bring the FOC back up but with out a weight in grns then i just dont know.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Here is another concern wobble. Inserts are aluminum and once bent or tweaked it won't fly correct. And inserts are not always square.

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
09-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Here is another concern wobble. Inserts are aluminum and once bent or tweaked it won't fly correct. And inserts are not always square.

very true.so many concerns about this.i did find the info on the weight and it will mess with spine+plus adding a joint and bla bla bla so much for the brain to process:confused::p:p
http://nufletch.com/support-guide/

MLN1963
09-14-2011, 12:29 PM
I can't wait to hear what Sonny has to say about this. :cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-14-2011, 12:31 PM
I can't wait to hear what Sonny has to say about this. :cool:We will have to wait a few days :rolleyes: while he downloads the video haha! dial up ouch!

bfisher
09-14-2011, 05:52 PM
I should stay out of this and I didn't even need to see the video. If you think I'm going to throw 40-50 grains on the tail ned of my arrow you can think again. My 3D arrows anly have 45 grain tips with an FOC slightly under 7%.

And Sonny, I don't even need to look at the price.

Destroyer
09-15-2011, 02:55 PM
FOC is a load of rubbish anyway. Unless your going to the extreme ends most archers won't see a difference.

gravedigger
09-15-2011, 03:45 PM
FOC is a load of rubbish anyway. Unless your going to the extreme ends most archers won't see a difference.

that is great.i would pay to read that thread on AT.i can see it now,so many people would $@$% themselves if they see a thread that says"FOC is a load of rubbish anyway".thats why i like you ya D,never back down and say what you need to say.keep being you

Destroyer
09-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Cheers GD!

My biggest problem with FOC is how its tested. I can't figure out a way to test only foc and eliminate the other variables that changing foc causes. For example if I increase the point weight like some do to change foc, I'm changing not only the overall weight but the spine and in some cases the length of the arrow which changes the flight. How do you add weight to the point and retain the same spine, there aren't 50 different spines to choose from so the only way it to shorten or lengthen the shaft which changes the weight and therefore the flight anyway.

So how do you isolate the foc to see any difference or is foc just a grouping of different variables under one name?

bfisher
09-16-2011, 05:18 AM
I have always had an issue with how it's figured, too. Easton says to measure the length of the shaft and then calculate. They don't measure the whole arrow. Point (broadhead) length and nock are part of the arrow and you're trying to find the FOC of the whole arrow, not just the shaft. In reality if the point, nock, insert, fletching, etc. aren't part of the equation the shaft will have an FOC of zero unless you're messing with some stupid weight forward technology. I say measure from end to end of the completed arrow.

Don B
09-16-2011, 10:53 AM
I have a little gizmo called..Arrow Check... You can spin your shafts on it to get an idea how true they will spin and t comes with an FOC graph.
On my arrows I measure the total lenght and put a center line mark on the shaft, then I balance the shaft in a groove in the arrow check and put another mark on the balance point. Then I lay the shaft on the graph I have for the lenght of the shaft, line up the center line, there is another set of lines that will intercect(sp) the balance line telling you the FOC. It seems to look right to me...hee hee.
Don.

Don B
09-16-2011, 10:54 AM
One more pic.
Don.

alex
09-16-2011, 12:38 PM
I've seen a YouTube video about a special metal frame to put on your bed to hold a shotgun. The price was over 100$. After this no new product can surprise me. :rolleyes:
By the way i completely ignore the FOC - when i see mathematics i stay away from it. Twelve years of torture at school are enough for a lifetime. :D

Destroyer
09-16-2011, 03:35 PM
By the way i completely ignore the FOC - when i see mathematics i stay away from it. Twelve years of torture at school are enough for a lifetime. :D

Lol! A good reason mate, apart from the reason its just blah, blah, blah. ;)

alex
09-17-2011, 12:33 PM
We've never studied maths in such a practical way, Sonny. :( Here it is absolutely useless unless you'll continue in a tech university. And is much more difficult - the examples you've given are studied by the children at the age of 10-12. I can't even say what it was at highschool - i've erased all the useless information from my brain. :D

MLN1963
09-17-2011, 03:03 PM
I just did NAP Quick Fletch for my kid. Simple, boil water, dunk for 10 seconds and you are done.

Destroyer
09-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Any issue with vane alignment?

MLN1963
09-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Don't think so. They look about right to me. No jig to put them into to compare.

MLN1963
09-17-2011, 03:11 PM
I was just getting at that they are a lot cheaper, easier and faster than the fletching system in the original post.

Destroyer
09-17-2011, 03:16 PM
No problem, I've thought about using them coz I hate fletching arrows. Pretty easy to remove from what I have seen too (dvd). Straight or helical?

MLN1963
09-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Helical, they are Twister vanes.

rjd
09-18-2011, 03:44 AM
Would they be allowed by the sanctioning bodies at Shoots? At this point think I'll stay with my FOB's for now . Atleast the uproar over them might quite do now . (just joking)