PDA

View Full Version : whisker biscuit vs. drop away

Unregistered
08-15-2007, 12:43 AM
i shoot a drop away on my bengal now, but am thinking about putting a whisker biscuit on for hunting season...how much would the whisker biscuit slow my arrow down? any info would be appreciated!!

bfisher
08-15-2007, 08:25 AM
The speed difference will be minimal. About 5 fps at most if you tune everything right.

I'm not a Bisquit fan, but neither do I prefer most of the drop aways made today. Most likely you'll have less to worry about with the bisquit as far as something going awry. I'd say give it a try and see for yourself.

dbd870
08-15-2007, 12:07 PM
I saw one site that claimed only around 1fps; not sure about that but I wouldn't be concerned about it. I much prefer a captive rest for hunting.

jhunt414
08-16-2007, 03:19 PM
You should stick to the drop away. Most drop aways have plenty enough area to keep an arrow on. The biscuits are not waterproof and will get snow in them. The drop away will also be more acurate as it provides no fletch contact.

dbd870
08-17-2007, 08:14 AM
I wouldn't have any accuracy concerns at all, this is a hunting bow. The retention ability of the WB far outweighs any triffling accuracy differences there may be - certainly for me anyway. After all this isn't a target bow.

eelriver
08-17-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm shooting a Bengal with a WB. The WB cost me 2 fps. I can't say I lost any accuracy. Like dbd 870 said, "it's a hunting bow". You are not hitting dimes at 60 yds. 99% of your shooting is < 40 yds. and at a "kill zone" that is 8-9 inch in diameter.

jackjr
08-17-2007, 02:01 PM
I think the WB is superb for hunting. Especially if you ever had an arrow fall off the rest and then fall down on top of a deer.:rolleyes: Now as far as full containment drop aways I like the Vital Gear Kazaway. A really cool :cool: rest in my opinion.

Jack