PDA

View Full Version : Need someone to take your bow for a walk?

Stéphane
09-17-2011, 04:33 PM
See, there are people who are dog walkers and since all I seem to be doing with my bow is walking, may as well become a professional bow walker. "Hey, can you let my bow hang from a tree for a while, it really enjoys the smell of fresh wood."

So, I went hunting, and nothing to speak of. I saw over 50 does, but not a single buck. The weather wasn't favouring me either, so I ended up with an uncut tag.

Having said that, I still had fun. I managed to get to less than 10 yards to a group of does and about 40 to a cow mouse and her two calves. Saw a 6 X6 elk (pretty damn far) and I caught my quota in fish every day.

So, need to take your bow out, but don't have time, send it to me, and I will give a great experience. :rolleyes:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Stéphane, I think you are spending too much time with your bow. So I will take you bow while you get counseling! :rolleyes: Ha! Ha! sorry couldn't resist. Sounds like you are having a great time I am jealous.

Hutch:cool:

Destroyer
09-17-2011, 06:42 PM
LOL! Stéphane, you so crazy... ;)

Pity you didn't fill your tag but like Hutch I'm jealous too anyway. What happened with the 6 X6 elk? Could close the gap?

Stéphane
09-17-2011, 07:01 PM
The 6X6 was over 800 yards. I spotted it because of the herd of cows ahead of him. Elk were not in season anyway, only archery mule deer and white tailed. Another issue was that the Natives were given a permit to riffle hunt during the same time as bow only. By the time we got there, they already had 13 bucks. Needless to say the deer felt the pressure and went nocturnal.
I don't blame them for my lack of success. I only wish I would have known ahead of time so I could have scouted a different area.

At the end of the month, I'll go grouse hunting and I'll bring a couple of "Grim Reapers" just in case a deer walks in front of me. Less than 20 minutes from my house, there's a mountain with blacktailed deer. According to the seasoned hunters, by the end of October the bucks come out. Nice to know where I'll be spending my Friday nights after work. Damn, when am I supposed to drink beer then?

elkslayer4x5
09-18-2011, 06:20 AM
The 6X6 was over 800 yards. I spotted it because of the herd of cows ahead of him. Elk were not in season anyway, only archery mule deer and white tailed. Another issue was that the Natives were given a permit to riffle hunt during the same time as bow only. By the time we got there, they already had 13 bucks. Needless to say the deer felt the pressure and went nocturnal.
I don't blame them for my lack of success. I only wish I would have known ahead of time so I could have scouted a different area.

At the end of the month, I'll go grouse hunting and I'll bring a couple of "Grim Reapers" just in case a deer walks in front of me. Less than 20 minutes from my house, there's a mountain with blacktailed deer. According to the seasoned hunters, by the end of October the bucks come out. Nice to know where I'll be spending my Friday nights after work. Damn, when am I supposed to drink beer then?

Shortly after you're done high fiving and chest bumping after your Blacktail kill! :D

justin
09-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Omg elkslayer. Thats really funny!

Destroyer
09-18-2011, 04:09 PM
.................................................: (

elkslayer4x5
09-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Now that blacktail deer have been brought up, let me tell you about a deer scull that my Grandson-in law found a few years ago. He was'nt very impressed by it, but did drag it out of the brush to show us. Elkslayer and I were quite impressed by this non-typical blacktail. It was found about 1000 yards from the appletree where we got these pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/Bears/BigBoy.jpg

Here's the scull. That appletree being out in the middle of this 3 mile long valley leds us to think that it was once a homestead, and that thought was confermed when I found that cow bell about 50 yards from the appletree

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/homesteadbuck.jpg

About 1/2 mile away from the appletree, while scouting out a bedding area, I found this shed. We set our 2nd trail cam nearby.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/HSgrandson.jpg

from that 2nd trail cam, we got pics of this knobhead,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/Shedbuck.jpg

gravedigger
09-22-2011, 09:03 AM
feel free to take my bow on a walk.i have walked it about 50+ miles now and im getting tired.be sure to feed it and bath it...my bow would like to eat some deer and even more so some elk..lmao