PDA

View Full Version : Check for bent riser

Brianc
08-16-2007, 03:08 PM
How can I check to see if my riser on my slayer is bent??:confused:

jhunt414
08-17-2007, 01:51 PM
It shouldn't be bent. Why would you think that?

bbjavelina
08-31-2007, 01:36 PM
If I knew, I'd tell you, but I don't.

Please ignore any post telling you "it shouldn't be bent". Pretty much think we all know that. What an ignorant reply.

Brianc
09-04-2007, 02:35 PM
The riser on my old high country shouldn't have been bent either, but it was!

On my slayer it just seems that the center shot has to be real close to the riser to get a good hole through paper. Which doesn't leave much clearance for vanes.

Cams are straight twisted split harness to staighten them. Now that the cams are staight (no lean) the limbs look slightly twisted.

shooting acc-3-28 @ 28" 100 grain points

55 pounds
29" draw

bfisher
09-04-2007, 08:10 PM
What year bow and what cams. I had a 2004 and the correct centershot was 9/16" from the riser with Nitrous cams. Figure that some of the higher statured vanes like Blazer measure about 9/16" tall it can get pretty close, but I don't know anybody that shoots with the cock vane pointed directly at the riser. In other words, even if it's close all they have to do is clear the riser---cables too.

In answer to your question. I have checked risers bylaying a straight edge along the side of each limb pocket pointing out in front of the bow and see if the edges converge with each other. I hope this is undertandable.

Some divergence is acceptable, but not a lot. Of course this assumes the limb pockets are machined and mounted to the riser correctly, too. Here again, it's more likely that a imb pocket could be drilled and mounted crooked than a bent riser---unless a truck drove over it.

Hope this helps.

Brianc
09-07-2007, 06:45 AM
2006 and my centershot is 9/16" from the riser with Nitrous cams.

I shoot helical 3" vanes. Which posses the problem. I just like helical!!

I just ordered a limbsaver fall away rest, hope this takes care of clearance issues.

Thanks for you help! At least I know my center shoot is about right. With other bows it hasn't been so close.

bfisher
09-07-2007, 12:40 PM
2006 and my centershot is 9/16" from the riser with Nitrous cams.

I shoot helical 3" vanes. Which posses the problem. I just like helical!!

I just ordered a limbsaver fall away rest, hope this takes care of clearance issues.

Thanks for you help! At least I know my center shoot is about right. With other bows it hasn't been so close.

That's because with your other bows the cams were offset from center. Or at least the string track was. Take a good look at the Nitrous. The string tracks right down the middle of the bow.