PDA

View Full Version : Martin Cougar II Archery Wheels (Aluminium , LARGE)allow shooting without cable guar

SolidSnake
09-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi Everyones

I write to you (Martin Technician and Archery Cognoscenti People) because I REALLY need help

I want to rebuilt the old Martin Cougar II MT-6 Bow that my father had when I was young

He Truly liked this model and was one of his prefered bow

My father Died last year and I want to rebuilt this very old bow

I have found all the parts I need from several archery shop around the United States

the part that I have searched a LOTS in order to found them is the wheels !!!

I remember that my father prefered to shoot WITHOUT using a cables Guard

I have made a LOTS of research in order to found that ONLY a SPECIFIC type of Martin Wheels
can allow this!

I have FINALLY found a set of theses Aluminium Wheels

but now , the complex part :

theses wheels have TWO type of holes (too attach them on the wood limbs with steel rod\steel circlip)

ONE LONGUER
ONE SHORTER

**Please Refer to the Digital Photo included in this Thread**

The Longuer difference is extremely slight , But I presume it affect something on the cables setting\Draw Lenght\Weight

Im a 6'3" guy with very long arms

Please , could someone can explain to me the difference (in use) between the two holes (long & short)
and what will be the BEST SUITED Hole to choose for me

I hope that someone will be able to answer me on this question

You can reply here or directly via PM

Waiting for your Help Guys!!

Destroyer
09-19-2011, 01:23 PM
.................................................: (

SolidSnake
09-19-2011, 02:20 PM
It changes the let-off, the amount the draw weight drops off at full draw.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Hi,

since I originally speak & write in french , its pretty difficult for me to understand everything at 100%

what you explain to me is that :

"IF" I install the wheels using the holes closer to the center , ....the cables will have LESS leverage
and I will have LESS power applied to the arrow ?

and

"IF" I install the wheels using the holes FAR from the center , ...the cables will have MORE leverage
and give me MORE power applied to the arrow ?

I dont think I understand ...

Please tell me (with my long arms) wich holes I need to take in order to install them on the limbs.
I dont know if the choose of the hole change the draw lenght
I want MORE Weight as Possible but in beeing able to Keep the weight easily without changing too much
the accuracy of the arrows

All in all , ....I want to have the bow accurate as I can

So , what I do ?

Destroyer
09-19-2011, 02:41 PM
.................................................: (

SolidSnake
09-19-2011, 02:49 PM
The let-off will be lower and the holding weight at full draw will be more.

The let-off will be higher and the holding weight at full draw will be less. Some archers prefer to have higher let-off so its easier to hold at full draw and therefore more accurate. This is what I would recommend using especially if your using a release.

Either hole wont change the speed of the bow, the draw weight or the draw length of the bow. Just make sure you use the same hole on each wheel.

HI

Many thanks for your kind answers , its R-E-A-L-L-Y Appreciated!!! :)

ONE last questions :

I want to pratice instinct shooting (without sight) and with fingers (no mechanical release)
...you still recommend me "Holding weight at full draw LESS\Let-off HIGHER" ?

your advice :)

Dan

SolidSnake
09-19-2011, 03:19 PM
The let-off will be higher and the holding weight at full draw will be less. Some archers prefer to have higher let-off so its easier to hold at full draw and therefore more accurate.

So , If I want to choose this set-up :"The let-off will be higher and the holding weight at full draw will be less."

I have to choose the holes identified with LIGHTER BLUE COLOR line (photoshop) on the digital photo
included at the very start of the thread , exact ?