PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think of the 2010 Cheetah......

WestMichiganBowhunter
09-20-2011, 10:50 AM
tell what the Martin Maniacs think
i'm a little worried about speed and the shorter ata.....
some real world #'s would be great
I couldn't find a bengal or a parker inferno for sale, so i might have to consider the cheetah or the firecat..

also looking at the 2010 firecat as well, i wouldn't mind a little more speed at times since i'm a 28 inch draw.....63ish lbs.....

thanks
guys

peace
09-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Bengals, those that have them aren't giving them up. I love my Cougar which would be old for most so I would think the Cheetah would be comparable. Martins are an acquired taste(like blue cheese or orange marmalade) especially today when they are not amongst the most common bows sold.

Computers and their development paths have made us a malcontent society. If you have the Cheetah take the time to get to know her, contentment with Godliness is great gain. What value are others opinions, I would never ask someone else what they thought of my wife, ultimately what they think hasn't any bearing on our relationship and even though a bow is an inanimate object, ownership should be a relationship. JMHO

Smarten Up and Martin Up

Destroyer
09-20-2011, 12:59 PM
.................................................: (

HawgEnvy
09-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Cheetah's rock! they'll kill anything you shoot with them,so IMO speed dont matter. awesome shooters. and theres a lefty bengal in AT classifieds right now

pizzadave
09-20-2011, 05:48 PM
I've got a 2010 cheetah. I love my bow. Looks kind of odd, being a 6'3'' guy holding a "toy bow" I did have some limb issues with ky bow, but thanks to the great support, Martin hooked me up and got me shooting in no time. I think if I were to so it over again, I would opt of a longer bow.... really wish ibwoulda done a pantera, but oh well. If u do get one, u will get more bang for ur buck than any other bow out there.... it is fast, with some parts can be quiet, and is plenty accurate for its size.....

gravedigger
09-21-2011, 07:28 AM
still cant beat the bengal.if ya pic one up at a 60# max and add the ccs it will bring ya up to that 63ish your looking for.well it brought my 70#to a max of 73#,but im looking to get a 60# bengal.cant speek to the cheeta but if ya want a bengal it is worth waiting for one to pop up.have you checkd craigs list in your area.i see bengals about 4 or 5 times a year for sale on CL in my area...infact that is where i got my bengal

gravedigger
09-21-2011, 09:33 AM
ebay and start bidding for a bengal
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=martin+bengal&_sacat=See-All-Categories

justin
09-21-2011, 01:10 PM
i would expect 250fps with a 390grain aarow on the cheetah, and 270 with the firecat. obviously lighter aarow is more speed. im shooting a 340 grain aarow at 285 fps with a 27.5 inch draw lenght, at 62 pounds with my alien x....... i really wish i had knabbed an alien z though..... ive been kicking myself for quite some time now......

Bowhunter_IL_BT
09-21-2011, 02:07 PM
I am selling my 2010 Cheetah on Ebay if anyone is interested. It is like new and have some nice accessories to go with it. The auction is already up over $240.00. The Cheetah is a great bow. I decided to go back to Bowtech with the Heartbreaker since Im such a short draw. Its advertised as a Woman's youth bow but I love it how it shoots and it fits me well. I can't keep both bows

gravedigger
09-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I am selling my 2010 Cheetah on Ebay if anyone is interested. It is like new and have some nice accessories to go with it. The auction is already up over $240.00. The Cheetah is a great bow. I decided to go back to Bowtech with the Heartbreaker since Im such a short draw. Its advertised as a Woman's youth bow but I love it how it shoots and it fits me well. I can't keep both bows

what is the peak draw weight,since you have it up as a youth/woman bow

Bowhunter_IL_BT
09-21-2011, 03:50 PM
what is the peak draw weight,since you have it up as a youth/woman bow

Bowtech Heartbreaker goes from 22.5 to 27 inch draw lenth goes to 60 lbs mine with the birthcert. was 62 lbs at 27 in. Mine at 26 should be like 61 lbs. IBO is 305-308. They came out with the Assassin too basically same specs but goes to 70lbs. THe heartbreaker is still faster than the assassin at 26 and 27 in I heard. They did a test with a Bowtech Destroyer 350 and Heartbreaker set at 27 inch draw and 60 lbs and they were within 3fps of each other. Destroyer is a $800-900 big difference in price.

http://www.avidarchers.com/2011BowtechHeartbreaker.htm

polaris754
09-21-2011, 04:05 PM
cheetahs r great bows bengals r better wish i had a bengal , but in so many words u cant go wrong with either one , all i can say what ever u dont like buy me the other one and i will send u my address good luc

MLN1963
09-22-2011, 05:06 AM
Bowtech Heartbreaker goes from 22.5 to 27 inch draw lenth goes to 60 lbs mine with the birthcert. was 62 lbs at 27 in. Mine at 26 should be like 61 lbs. IBO is 305-308. They came out with the Assassin too basically same specs but goes to 70lbs. THe heartbreaker is still faster than the assassin at 26 and 27 in I heard. They did a test with a Bowtech Destroyer 350 and Heartbreaker set at 27 inch draw and 60 lbs and they were within 3fps of each other. Destroyer is a $800-900 big difference in price.

I would love to read about this test, where can I find it?

The Assassin and Heartbreaker are the same bow with the exception of the cams used. I called BT and they told me this when I was researching bows.

HawgEnvy
09-22-2011, 05:20 AM

The Assassin and Heartbreaker are the same bow with the exception of the cams used. I called BT and they told me this when I was researching bows.

i think its the link at the bottom of the post you quoted

MLN1963
09-22-2011, 05:45 AM
Nope, that was a link to buy a Heartbreaker.

gravedigger
09-22-2011, 06:01 AM
[QUOTE=Bowhunter_IL_BT;70528]Bowtech Heartbreaker goes from 22.5 to 27 inch draw lenth goes to 60 lbs mine with the birthcert. was 62 lbs at 27 in. Mine at 26 should be like 61 lbs. IBO is 305-308. They came out with the Assassin too basically same specs but goes to 70lbs. THe heartbreaker is still faster than the assassin at 26 and 27 in I heard. They did a test with a Bowtech Destroyer 350 and Heartbreaker set at 27 inch draw and 60 lbs and they were within 3fps of each other. Destroyer is a $800-900 big difference in price.

http://www.avidarchers.com/2011BowtechHeartbreaker.htm[/QUOTE

i know men who would have a hard time with 60#.....i bet its just the draw length is wht its up as a woman/youth bow.nice looking bow

Bowhunter_IL_BT
09-22-2011, 07:23 AM

MLN1963 you are correct they basically are the same bow the axle to axle is a hair difference but basically 30 in. Both bows shot dead in your hand. The heartbreaker has speed cams to help short draw archers shoot a little harder. I heard with my SD that the Heartbreaker still shoots a little harder at 60 lbs. than the assassin. Both bows are amazing for hunting. I never saw the exact results but on Archery Talk they were talking about the Destroyer 350 vs Heartbreaker and being 3 fps diff with same setup 60lbs and 27 in draw.

Gravedigger with the Heartbreaker you would just have to order the bow with 40-50 lbs limbs or one can always get the limbs seperatley if one wants lower poundages.

Spiker
09-22-2011, 09:02 AM
tell what the Martin Maniacs think
i'm a little worried about speed and the shorter ata.....
some real world #'s would be great
I couldn't find a bengal or a parker inferno for sale, so i might have to consider the cheetah or the firecat..

also looking at the 2010 firecat as well, i wouldn't mind a little more speed at times since i'm a 28 inch draw.....63ish lbs.....

thanks
guys

I have an '09 Firecat I may get rid of.
Great bow - never an issue with it, custom strings, Elite grips...
At 62# 29" sends a 390gn arrow at 290+...