PDA

View Full Version : Bengal series 2500 with Sonic Wheels

pkguy
09-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Hi, guys.
I am a newbie at archery. Just target shooting with my two grown sons. I picked up this used set up and took it to Fin, Feather, Fur to have the draw length shortened. They were very helpful but said that I need to replace something to adjust the draw. The one wheel has a "7" on it. Reading through some of the other posts, I have learned enough to get myself into trouble. The draw now is about 30" and I would like it to be about 28". What number wheels do I need and can I still get them? Can I change them myself? What year is this bow?441744184419

Thanks for any info you can pass my way. Sorry about not including all that technical stuff, but I don't know what any of it means.

bfisher
09-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Spiker on here whould be able to help. He's done it before with another poster.

The module you have to change has two screws holding it to the cam. You remove them and the mod will just about fall out. You really need to physically measure the draw length to determine just what it is. Draw mods are numbered and one number less means 1" less. So if you want to decrease the draw length by 2" then you need #5 modules.

Before you go loking for mods you need to know just which ones you need. There were Sonic wheels and Ultrasonic wheels and they use different modules. Spiker should be able to tell you which are which. As to where to buy them? Classified ads on www.archerytalk.com or EBay.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-21-2011, 02:46 PM
As far as I can tell it looks just like my Saber and that as far as I know is between 1994-96. I has the same cams, camo, steel teardrop cables. Everything is the same except mine is a saber.

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
09-21-2011, 02:50 PM
i know nothing about this bow besides it is the same one i learned to shoot on last year.you have a nice shooter.

pkguy
09-22-2011, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the info so far. How do I get in touch with Spiker? or will he stumble upon this post and reply?

elkslayer4x5
09-22-2011, 05:05 AM
Spiker is probably off hunting, think that he lives in Colorado, and its Elk season. I'd suggest sending him a pm and include a link to this post to be sure that he stumbles upon it. :D

Spiker
09-22-2011, 06:09 AM
PM sent.
P.S. - You really should get rid of that metal d-loop thing. It will end up causing disaster and that is a nice old bow.

pkguy
09-22-2011, 12:46 PM
The metal D loop thing is my release attachment -- but I'm sure you know that. Should I relplace it with a string loop? If so, why?

Since the printing on the bow says "sonic wheel" and not "super sonic wheel" do I have to look for any particular type of "sonic wheel" with a 4 or 5 to shorten the draw length?4422

Also, can I cut down carbon arrows myself or do I need the shop to do that? All I have are standard homeowner/handyman tools.

gravedigger
09-22-2011, 05:42 PM
The metal D loop thing is my release attachment -- but I'm sure you know that. Should I relplace it with a string loop? If so, why?

Since the printing on the bow says "sonic wheel" and not "super sonic wheel" do I have to look for any particular type of "sonic wheel" with a 4 or 5 to shorten the draw length?4422

Also, can I cut down carbon arrows myself or do I need the shop to do that? All I have are standard homeowner/handyman tools.

i would advise you to search the forums for your answers on cutting and why you NEED to replace with a reg dloop.

pkguy
09-23-2011, 02:15 AM
I will do my homework.

Spiker
09-23-2011, 06:27 AM
Did you get my pm?