PDA

View Full Version : No Pics. buttt...

Jake-the-snake
09-21-2011, 06:06 PM
...I got my first deer with my Warthog tonight...41 yards away, complete passthrough. The deer ran 25 yards and died...It was a nubbin buck, not too proud of that, but hey, a deer is a deer, and with the weather we have been getting in Central WI so far, I am happy with that...Arrow was a Easton 400 FMJ, with an 85 grain Magnus Buzzcut 4 blade...pulling 64 lbs, 28" draw.
The best part-The deer was slightly quartering too...hit right behind shoulder, and exited out the hind quarter...passthrough, lots of blood....
I dont see how people track deer close to 200 yards when hit with a mechanical before they find it, and they are pleased with that. I shoot a broadhead that has about a 1" cut, and this deer went 25 yards...in fact, of all my deer shot with a bow, this deer went the farthest...and this deer hardly knew what hit it.

Their is a place for mechanical heads in this world...but they belong in a turkey, where you dont want a passthrough.

Just a little bit of my opinion...Shoot straight my friends

Sharxfan
09-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Congrats on the kill. Don't forget the pics.

Double S
09-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Congrats on the kill.

Jake-the-snake
09-22-2011, 04:02 AM
Hope this works...everything was through my phone. http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy169/nigonjac/IMAG0013.jpg

Don't look at the pajamas pants. They were fleece and warm and where I was was about 50* outside, windy and light rain. Also, this is the smallest deer I have ever shot, they look bigger by themselves.

Sharxfan
09-22-2011, 04:48 AM
To me any deer is a good deer.

HawgEnvy
09-22-2011, 05:29 AM
Woooo! that camo rocks,Bro. those little guys are SO tender and mouthwatering. my season starts in 8 days(Oct.1st) i'm whacking the first thing i have a shot at. i'm HUNGRY!

Double S
09-22-2011, 05:44 AM
Congrats Jake!. That's gonna be some good eating!.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Fooooooooooooood! in the freezer. Good job! Congrats

Hutch:cool:

Jake-the-snake
09-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Fooooooooooooood! in the freezer. Good job! Congrats

Hutch:cool:

It took a total of 5 freezer bags, quart sized, for all the meat we took off...We arent extremely hungry, so just the front and back quarters, along with the back straps...this was easily the softest meat I have ever touched...will be good eatin for sure :cool: