PDA

View Full Version : Precautions for hunting in the rain

TOMAXIMUS
09-23-2011, 03:30 AM
Is there anything I should do to prep my bow to hunt in the rain? I generally don't like hunting in the rain, but there are good chances for storms this weekend. Thanks for any ideas!
Tommy T.

HawgEnvy
09-23-2011, 04:09 AM
keep your string waxed real good. moisture will cause it to stretch. other than that,just make sure you dry it off when your done. otherwise you'll be back asking how to get rusted fasteners loose. good luck. be sure of your footing on wet treestands and sticks. rainy days are great for putting the stalk on some deer. it covers your noise alot. and dont forget pics of entry/exit wounds

cjchasman
09-23-2011, 04:17 AM
keep your string waxed real good. moisture will cause it to stretch. other than that,just make sure you dry it off when your done. otherwise you'll be back asking how to get rusted fasteners loose. good luck. be sure of your footing on wet treestands and sticks. rainy days are great for putting the stalk on some deer. it covers your noise alot. and dont forget pics of entry/exit wounds

X2...I sometimes use my small air compressor to blow dry all hardware, clips, screws, rests, cam assembly and release etc. Blows out trapped water that the towel misses or can't get to.

TOMAXIMUS
09-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Wax. Dry it off well. use an air compressor for hard to reach places. Wet strings may loose me some speed. Thanks to everyone.